The UK Economy

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WheyHey

Hate to admit it but the posh lot do seem to know what they are doing. All the indicators, except maybe the potential housing price bubble in that there London, are looking rosy. It's even projected that wages will be increasing greater than inflation soon.

My question is, was it worth it?

A slightly less successful economy and less austerity, for instance.

Thoughts?

Hate to admit it but the posh lot do seem to know what they are doing. All the indicators, except maybe the potential housing price bubble in that there London, are looking rosy. It's even projected that wages will be increasing greater than inflation soon.

My question is, was it worth it?

A slightly less successful economy and less austerity, for instance.

Thoughts?
Santa comes once a year too.

Nobody at ground level is feeling this recovery, and the cunts that caused the shite in the first place are better off than ever. They are my thoughts.
Well, aye but the posh lads seem to have dug us out of the hole, irrespective of who put us there. There's no denying that. I just feel it could have been managed at a less brutal pace.

That said none of this austerity lark has really affected me.

Think they'll have their foot on our heads for a lot longer. It makes life easier if the proles are suppressed.
You can shut it, you you slum landlord you. :D

What we need is a complete shift of viewpoint. Those of you old enough to remember the sci-fi of the 50's and 60's will recall machines did all the work and humanity was free to live a life of self indulgent pleasure. Well they were partially correct, only now the newly idle are vilified while the top 0.05% get exponentially richer without any thoughts of philanthropy. If no-one in the world is prepared to limit population growth (the one REAL problem, fuck your climate change), and can't think of anything labour intensive for the masses to do (you can't all be web designers or taxi drivers), we are fucked. Luckily I will be long deed before it gets too bad.

Get a f***ing grip! What indicators? Wages have only risen higher than inflation when you take into account bonuses and leave out house prices. Hands up who got a bonus! The unemployment figures include people on zero-hours contracts and workfare, and the low wage, short-term jobs that are being created will do nothing for the economy. About 1m people using foodbanks, real wages cut by £1600, GDP still below what it was before the recession, the biggest trade deficit ever, more borrowing in 3 years than in 13 years under Labour.....

Get a f***ing grip! What indicators? Wages have only risen higher than inflation when you take into account bonuses and leave out house prices. Hands up who got a bonus! The unemployment figures include people on zero-hours contracts and workfare, and the low wage, short-term jobs that are being created will do nothing for the economy. About 1m people using foodbanks, real wages cut by £1600, GDP still below what it was before the recession, the biggest trade deficit ever, more borrowing in 3 years than in 13 years under Labour.....

Yeah, but apart from that.

Settle down Leicester thee'll pop a lentil stuffed blood vessel. THE indicators. The very same ones the leftist would use if they were in power.

working for ed balls these days mate?

The problem is our economy, in the general scheme of things, is and has been relatively buoyant but I very much doubt most people in the majority of the country will be putting out the flags for this news. Not saying it's bad but until it translates into the cost of living (remember that?) coming down for most then it means very little. There is far too much in the news nowadays about these fairly meaningless statistics.

What we need is a complete shift of viewpoint. Those of you old enough to remember the sci-fi of the 50's and 60's will recall machines did all the work and humanity was free to live a life of self indulgent pleasure. Well they were partially correct, only now the newly idle are vilified while the top 0.05% get exponentially richer without any thoughts of philanthropy. If no-one in the world is prepared to limit population growth (the one REAL problem, fuck your climate change), and can't think of anything labour intensive for the masses to do (you can't all be web designers or taxi drivers), we are fucked. Luckily I will be long deed before it gets too bad.
this is bang right mind.

Is the cost of living really that much higher than it was 5 years ago?

I don't see that it is, my expenses have sky rocketed in that time but that's because I've took on more debt and had two kids. I bought my first house in 2010 my mortgage was circa 450 a month. I have just bought a bigger house it is now circa 600 My grocery costs have gone up only in proportion to the fact I feed more people and have to put nappies on them.

Petrol is the biggest hit but that had stabilised in the last two years.

Is the cost of living really that much higher than it was 5 years ago?

I don't see that it is, my expenses have sky rocketed in that time but that's because I've took on more debt and had two kids. I bought my first house in 2010 my mortgage was circa 450 a month. I have just bought a bigger house it is now circa 600 My grocery costs have gone up only in proportion to the fact I feed more people and have to put nappies on them.

Petrol is the biggest hit but that had stabilised in the last two years.
beer

Spot on. Climate change is a massive issue, long term. Short and mid-term there are huge challenges facing the global community around food and water supply.

It's basic maths. We are seeing increasingly efficient labour markets through technological and communication advances, however, our population is rising. What the fuck is everyone supposed to do?

I have two kids, what the fuck is this beer?

Spot on. Climate change is a massive issue, long term. Short and mid-term there are huge challenges facing the global community around food and water supply.

It's basic maths. We are seeing increasingly efficient labour markets through technological and communication advances, however, our population is rising. What the fuck is everyone supposed to do?
Invent iShite that people don't need, convince them they need it, sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back