The UK Economy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it may have been relatively harmless to humans but it was catastropic to avifauna by causing their eggs to crumble before the chick was developed enough to survive. Now you might think what does it matter if we wipe out birds along with mosquitoes and malaria but we now know how linked and interactive environments are. Look at how wolves are changing the rivers of Yellowstone!

Pissing in them?

What we need is a complete shift of viewpoint. Those of you old enough to remember the sci-fi of the 50's and 60's will recall machines did all the work and humanity was free to live a life of self indulgent pleasure. Well they were partially correct, only now the newly idle are vilified while the top 0.05% get exponentially richer without any thoughts of philanthropy. If no-one in the world is prepared to limit population growth (the one REAL problem, fuck your climate change), and can't think of anything labour intensive for the masses to do (you can't all be web designers or taxi drivers), we are fucked. Luckily I will be long deed before it gets too bad.
Do you listen to the Cracked podcast?

that's a measure of wealth distribution. and up to 2013, in the UK it's the narrowest it's been in 20 odd years....
Well, it was in the context of 'rich getting richer, poor getting poorer'. Nothing like that can be entirely accurate but it's interesting to compare results.

Hate to admit it but the posh lot do seem to know what they are doing. All the indicators, except maybe the potential housing price bubble in that there London, are looking rosy. It's even projected that wages will be increasing greater than inflation soon.

My question is, was it worth it?

A slightly less successful economy and less austerity, for instance.

Thoughts?

my pay hasn't gone up in 5 years and they've as good as made it impossible for me to get the pension i was promised so Until my financial situation improves i'll think it's a load of shite spouted by a load of corrupt thieving selfish cu n ts.

Well, it was in the context of 'rich getting richer, poor getting poorer'. Nothing like that can be entirely accurate but it's interesting to compare results.
actually I am inclined to agree. those that have assets are able to harvest or cherry pick when the shit hits the fan.

What we need is a complete shift of viewpoint. Those of you old enough to remember the sci-fi of the 50's and 60's will recall machines did all the work and humanity was free to live a life of self indulgent pleasure. Well they were partially correct, only now the newly idle are vilified while the top 0.05% get exponentially richer without any thoughts of philanthropy. If no-one in the world is prepared to limit population growth (the one REAL problem, fuck your climate change), and can't think of anything labour intensive for the masses to do (you can't all be web designers or taxi drivers), we are fucked. Luckily I will be long deed before it gets too bad.

That function used to be served by wars where men actually killed each other in large numbers.

Well, after this brief discussion I think I'm safe in concluding the stats can say want they want but on the whole people aren't yet feeling optimistic.

The OP is right, those indicators are looking promising.

But there's a much bigger picture we could look at, unfortunately most of us can't comprehend it. It's cute how people try though, fair play to them.

That function used to be served by wars where men actually killed each other in large numbers.

I was having this exact conversation the other day. There's incredible large scale population growth in developing nations and I can see a ww3 environment developing over it. The world is full of finite resources and there's quite simply not enough at present to guarantee an equilibrium in quality of living globally at this stage of societal evolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back