Things in your house that you remember from when you were a bairn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did you flog it to rex?

Think the dog took a dump on it or something, the smell of Chicken & Leek must have loosened him up.
Used to have one of these - pretty useless toy as all it used to do was stink the place out with the smell of Meths and spit boiling water at you if you tried to get close enough to stop it moving.
Logon or register to see this image

Think the dog took a dump on it or something, the smell of Chicken & Leek must have loosened him up.
Used to have one of these - pretty useless toy as all it used to do was stink the place out with the smell of Meths and spit boiling water at you if you tried to get close enough to stop it moving.
Ha I've got one and still play with it, mines the steam engine it's the same age as me. You're right like imagine giving a seven year old one now and some meths and matches. You'd get locked up.

Do they still have stuff like that. My little lad would love to see how we can make pistons work and the like (fully supervised of course, he is 4!)

Do they still have stuff like that. My little lad would love to see how we can make pistons work and the like (fully supervised of course, he is 4!)
Search "Mamod" on Ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...11.TRC1.A0.H0.XMamod.TRS0&_nkw=Mamod&_sacat=0
I think the new ones use solid fuel like a big candle rather than meths ?
The first one on that page is beautiful.
This one is really nice with the log carrier http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mamod-Ste...053?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4aec5bd095

You can get them on eBay search mamod steam engine, the company still makes them today cost about two hundred new.
YouTube as well to see some running they are topper things for a kid supervised like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back