Things you never knew part 3487

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wiki says Libyan of Libyan and Roman ancestry, so problies a bit swarthy but unlikely full-on Blick.

I asked about this on the Roman History group on facebook. He was indeed Libyan so since that is part of Africa he was African. He was also dark skinned so not exactly "full on" as you said but probably more like Obama. There is a bust of his - grandson I think - Alexander Severus and he was obviously black.

He was indeed Libyan so since that is part of Africa he was African. He was also dark skinned so not exactly "full on" as you said but probably more like Obama.
:rolleyes:

Last year found out that until the 1900s (or may have been near the end of 1890s) that Whitley Bay was just called Whitley. The word "Bay" was added because when trains from Scotland ran through, travellers were confusing Whitby and Whitley.
So they changed the name to ensure that people stayed on the train? :confused: More opportunistic people would have at least sold them a sandwich and a tea first before sending them on their way.

I asked about this on the Roman History group on facebook. He was indeed Libyan so since that is part of Africa he was African. He was also dark skinned so not exactly "full on" as you said but probably more like Obama. There is a bust of his - grandson I think - Alexander Severus and he was obviously black.

Have you been to Libya?
Even with the increased opportunities for travel and migration now compared to the Roman Empire, most of them are Arab / Semitic looking. I say the likelihood of him looking like a sub-Saharan African are possible but slim.

Have you been to Libya?
Even with the increased opportunities for travel and migration now compared to the Roman Empire, most of them are Arab / Semitic looking. I say the likelihood of him looking like a sub-Saharan African are possible but slim.
Either he meant Osama or there's a depressing lack of awareness there. :lol:

I did'nt know,that when i took up cycling seriously,that i'd be getting up early to do a 21-ish miles dash round follonsby/nissan,before breakfast.Forced on me by circumstances.
I also now know,that if you want the good stuff (cycling),it will cost you a fecking mint,as previously stated by Dave Herbal (i think).
Normally, aye. Cinderella pricing though. Is XTR really twice as good as XT, even if it's double the price? Erm, nope.

bob holness
Radio doesn't count

Have you been to Libya?

I haven't been to Libya but I am sure that Libya is racially watered down compared to what it was 1800 years ago. I never said he was sub-Saharan African indeed I said exactly the opposite so I don't know why you had a problem with anything I said ?

Either he meant Osama or there's a depressing lack of awareness there. :lol:

A depressing lack of awareness of what ?

Last edited:
bob holness

Not the Baker Street thing?? :lol::lol:

Just like fingerprints, everyone's tongue also leaves a unique print.

But not many crims lick the safe!

For about 30 years during the C7th AD Monkwearmouth was the cultural capital of Northern Europe.

Until Barclay Court was erected.

The tongue is also a muscle and, and the only one attached to body at only one end.

Howld on....so is the other thing a bendy bone....???

Des Lynam only has a moustache because he got 'Fuck off' tattood on his top lip when he was pissed as a teenager.

Love it!!! :lol:

Last edited:
I know Raccons do, didn't know about dogs.
Lots of animals have the baculum. Humans are unusual, as even chimps and gorillas have it.

I haven't been to Libya but I am sure that Libya is racially watered down compared to what it was 1800 years ago. I never said he was sub-Saharan African indeed I said exactly the opposite so I don't know why you had a problem with anything I said ?

A depressing lack of awareness of what ?
Obama's father was Kenyan. You compared somebody who was probably Arabic with a mixed race person of European and sub-Saharan African origin.

Last edited:
What?Black when it suits him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back