This "Hound of Houslow" fella

• Thread starter Deleted member 34491
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 34491

Surely all the top banks do exactly the same things?

Why are Goldman Sachs etc not being pulled in and charged??? He was a little one man band ffs...

Doesnt sound as exciting as cats mate, the beast of basildon
Was it the beast or the butcher?

I think she got him conflated with the friendly local meat purveyor meself like. Blood, cleavers, weird clothes, it's an easy mistake to make.

Surely all the top banks do exactly the same things?

Why are Goldman Sachs etc not being pulled in and charged??? He was a little one man band ffs...

Could it possibly be that Goldman Sachs etc have legal teams that could all individually outspend the CPS dozens of times over & a little one man band doesn't?

Could it possibly be that Goldman Sachs etc have legal teams that could all individually outspend the CPS dozens of times over & a little one man band doesn't?
He's done very well for himself, what was it £27m? That could hire a few blokes in wigs to stick up for him in court.

He's done very well for himself, what was it £27m? That could hire a few blokes in wigs to stick up for him in court.

The point being that sort of sum while huge to an ordinary person is still small potatoes in the huge scheme of things & wouldn't frighten the CPS. The big boys could commit that sort of sum many times over.

The point being that sort of sum while huge to an ordinary person is still small potatoes in the huge scheme of things & wouldn't frighten the CPS. The big boys could commit that sort of sum many times over.
Aye, and he'd be buggered if he spent it all on legal defence then didn't get away with it.

It's pretty obvious the regulators are not afraid of banks. Theyve fined them more than $300bn

Which the banks appear to regard simply as a cost of doing business. The fact that the regulators keep fining the banks doesn't suggest its much of a deterrent, simply that you pay up if you're unlucky enough to get caught, and wheel out the same old statement about the culture of the organisation having changed blah blah blah but don't forget to change the date on it.

Which the banks appear to regard simply as a cost of doing business. The fact that the regulators keep fining the banks doesn't suggest its much of a deterrent, simply that you pay up if you're unlucky enough to get caught, and wheel out the same old statement about the culture of the organisation having changed blah blah blah but don't forget to change the date on it.
These are all fines relating back 6/7 years though.

Wonder if we'll find out who was backing him. His company had huge admin costs for an operation out of his Dad's back room.

It's pretty obvious the regulators are not afraid of banks. Theyve fined them more than $300bn
I vaguely know the Director of Enforcement at the FCA (she's just been promoted to a new job title tho). She's a tough lass from Doncaster and doesn't give a fuck. I like her. Knowing what I do of her, it doesn't surprise me she knacks naughty banks hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back