This is England '90

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lammi

Midfield
On now on channel 4

Is this improvised or scripted ?
seems the former to me, still watching like.

Got it recording on BT vision.
been away for weekend and forgot to record the film prequel last night so need to watch that on catch up first!

usual revisionist nonsense
there were no 'manchester nights' in 1990 - you had to pester DJs to fck to play the stuff.
Tv and films always pretend EVERYBODY was into the cool stuff at the time :lol:
reality was most people were a couple of years behind

usual revisionist nonsense
there were no 'manchester nights' in 1990 - you had to pester DJs to fck to play the stuff.
Tv and films always pretend EVERYBODY was into the cool stuff at the time :lol:
reality was most people were a couple of years behind
Plenty of it always got played every Thursday night at the local indie club night. Hartlepool must have been ahead of the curve back then.

Plenty of it always got played every Thursday night at the local indie club night. Hartlepool must have been ahead of the curve back then.
Oh yea I don't doubt that - same where I was (was at Uni back then)
It's just somehting that often bugs me - like when they set something in the 60s and everyone's got Beatles haircuts - reality was folk still dressed like the 50s up until about 67

Love the entire series, so watched the opener of '90 tonight. Thought it was a good starting episode, plenty of comedy - the usual dark and depressing stuff will come in the next few episodes. I'm a fan, so I guess I'm rather biased, but it's good television - easy enough to watch and always has a good soundtrack to go with it. Vicky McClure is a fantastic actress and I think Joe Gilgun is hilarious, and can do serious when he needs to.

Shaun's bong eye still irritates me, like. :lol:

Love the entire series, so watched the opener of '90 tonight. Thought it was a good starting episode, plenty of comedy - the usual dark and depressing stuff will come in the next few episodes. I'm a fan, so I guess I'm rather biased, but it's good television - easy enough to watch and always has a good soundtrack to go with it. Vicky McClure is a fantastic actress and I think Joe Gilgun is hilarious, and can do serious when he needs to.

Shaun's bong eye still irritates me, like. :lol:
Seen an interview with vicky and she sed it gets pretty dark!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back