This is England '90

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's open to interpretation

I don't know how Shaun keeps managing to get the girls like - he pulls 2 WADs & a one who is way older than him when he's about 12 years old ffs :lol:

Pencil meaning it can be edited ;)

When he's in Sunderland next week, I might ask him how he attracts these WADs. I'll pass on his advice.

When he's in Sunderland next week, I might ask him how he attracts these WADs. I'll pass on his advice.
Ask him about another series/film too, I'm convinced one is coming :lol:

-------------------------------

I don't think it was as bad as people are making out, anticlimactic compared to the '86 one certainly, but it doesn't have to be all action constantly. I was gripped a few times during that.

However, I do agree Combo being carried should have been the last scene, that had my full attention watching him desperately plea when he knows he's more than likely fucked no matter what he says (despite him being changed - imo anyway)

Why he couldn't have made it twenty minutes longer and sewn things up proeprly for Milky is beyond me. Taking all the adverts out it probably only clocked in at an hour and twenty minutes anyway.

Why he couldn't have made it twenty minutes longer and sewn things up proeprly for Milky is beyond me. Taking all the adverts out it probably only clocked in at an hour and twenty minutes anyway.

That's my thoughts exactly

I loved it, but the ending when Lol is on to Milky about Combo's whereabouts just kind of disintegrated into nowt

It should have ended better than it did

The two thugs who carry Combo up the steps I reckon are two betrayed NF members

I loved it, but the ending when Lol is on to Milky about Combo's whereabouts just kind of disintegrated into nowt

I was thinking there was something of that in it too.

Nigel Forage ?

A mixed back for a finale. Spoilers galore.

What I liked:
-The whole Combo finale. When he was in the cafe talking to Milky (I knew at the time it was envy and nothing to do with him being black) all the way through to the end where he is getting dragged up the stairs begging and pleading for his life - which I found incredibly harrowing.
-Harvey finding Kelly in the toilets - it was obvious how hard he found it just to turf her out.
-Kelly and Gadget on the bench when he realised there was no hope.
-The wedding planning scene from start to finish with the parents acting like kids and Woody and Lol being the mature ones - 'Jennifer' acted that superbly - look at her expressions when Lol tells her she isn't going to be a bridesmaid.
-Smell's jealousy at the wedding - another good performance.

What I didn't like:
-"Oh hiya sis, happy wedding, I've been clean for three weeks and now I'm just gonna waltz in there like nothing is the matter" - Ha'way man. This was by far and away the biggest disappointment of the whole thing.
-Milky - obviously chewing himself apart and acting it well for a change, but no closure.
-How did Gadget react to Kelly waltzing in please?

A mixed back for a finale. Spoilers galore.

What I liked:
-The whole Combo finale. When he was in the cafe talking to Milky (I knew at the time it was envy and nothing to do with him being black) all the way through to the end where he is getting dragged up the stairs begging and pleading for his life - which I found incredibly harrowing.
-Harvey finding Kelly in the toilets - it was obvious how hard he found it just to turf her out.
-Kelly and Gadget on the bench when he realised there was no hope.
-The wedding planning scene from start to finish with the parents acting like kids and Woody and Lol being the mature ones - 'Jennifer' acted that superbly - look at her expressions when Lol tells her she isn't going to be a bridesmaid.
-Smell's jealousy at the wedding - another good performance.

What I didn't like:
-"Oh hiya sis, happy wedding, I've been clean for three weeks and now I'm just gonna waltz in there like nothing is the matter" - Ha'way man. This was by far and away the biggest disappointment of the whole thing.
-Milky - obviously chewing himself apart and acting it well for a change, but no closure.
-How did Gadget react to Kelly waltzing in please?

Aye, true

As said above, it could have went on another 20 mins, just to tie a few things up

Aye, true

As said above, it could have went on another 20 mins, just to tie a few things up

It could - especially finishing on Milky staring into space.

Overall though I liked it. There was far more good than bad in it and the whole Combo/Milky story made up for a lot IMO.

It could - especially finishing on Milky staring into space.

Overall though I liked it. There was far more good than bad in it and the whole Combo/Milky story made up for a lot IMO.

I actually felt sorry for Combo in "that scene"

Milky I feel is the biggest loser in all this, the gang won't take that news too well, particularly Lol

Hope there's more in time, watch this space eh

I actually felt sorry for Combo in "that scene"

Milky I feel is the biggest loser in all this, the gang won't take that news too well, particularly Lol

Hope there's more in time, watch this space eh

I did as well. I was actually quite upset by the whole thing, especially after seeing him with the lads playing football. The brilliant bit of the whole thing was that Milky knows he's the loser in the whole thing. He knew as soon as his relatives came that he was the lesser man and it was written all over his face.

Reactions: PTR
Hope Milky gets what he deserves! :evil::evil:(When there is an inevetable '92 series) , felt so sorry for Combo after all he was actually a changed man. Happy for Shaun pulling a worldy rather than the mess who fucked him off for a goth.:lol:

Hope Milky gets what he deserves! :evil::evil:(When there is an inevetable '92 series) , felt so sorry for Combo after all he was actually a changed man. Happy for Shaun pulling a worldy rather than the mess who fucked him off for a goth.

To be fair, he fucked her off first! :lol:

Actually, I don't blame Milky. He hadn't seen Combo since he was beaten almost to death, and by the time he realised the truth it was far too late.

To be fair, he fucked her off first! :lol:

Actually, I don't blame Milky. He hadn't seen Combo since he was beaten almost to death, and by the time he realised the truth it was far too late.
Haha true and tbh I always hated Milky throughout and thought of him as a nothing character , did the dirty on his best mate and took it for granted when he was forgiven.

I did as well. I was actually quite upset by the whole thing, especially after seeing him with the lads playing football. The brilliant bit of the whole thing was that Milky knows he's the loser in the whole thing. He knew as soon as his relatives came that he was the lesser man and it was written all over his face.
:lol: Part of me was hoping a black lad would clatter him and he'd slip back into John Terry mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back