This passing style..

Status
Not open for further replies.

big les

Striker
We may's as well forget it,we are not good enough,sorry if seb but today we should have went 3 up top and lumped it..poor Poyet tactics,obvious Arsenal weakness were there centre backs..
Any way we are screwed because we have to much shite..

A pissed up rant..

Think we'd forgotten it long before today. Have we had over 50% posession in any game this season?

We didn't even want to pass it out from goal kicks today.

I honestly thought we had dispensed with it.

I remember MOTD once showed us passing out from the back and it looked good initially.

Havent seen us even trying to pass it quickly this season. Just seems to have died a death.

We may's as well forget it,we are not good enough,sorry if seb but today we should have went 3 up top and lumped it..poor Poyet tactics,obvious Arsenal weakness were there centre backs..

A pissed up rant..
Actually Les I quite like pissed up rants. I think the pseudo-intellectuals are probably miles wide of the mark. It's quite possible that we don't need a new manager or a string of record signings from a new chairman/owner - no it might just be a simple case of having a go and playing to our strengths and not playing a passing and possession game which is alien to our players .

Route one with wingers bombing on and two up top with a gung-ho everybody up and everybody back approach. All defenders to launch the ball forward and fines for anyone passing backwards or even looking to do so.

Ki was key

This was certainly true pre-february last year. However, a midfield consisting of Cattermole, Larsson and Colback played the system amazingly during the run-in. You'd think adding Rodwell/Gomez would improve us in that regard if anything.

Our defenders are traumatized when they get near the ball, they won't tackle and wont clear a ball, too busy focusing on pleasing his style .

A pissed up rant..
that went out the window a long time ago

We prefer to camp on the edge of our box and counter attack with absolutely no pace, lose the ball and camp out again

I read an interesting explanation of tiki taka and one with which I agree. See the following:

http://www.bundesliga.com/en/liga/news/2014/0000301076.php

Clearly possession football and passing isn't an end in itself but is like chess, manoeuvring for an attack to come. Unfortunately, we seem to be passing the ball around fairly aimlessly at the back with little defined shape and no one to dictate the play between back and front. Too often we play about at the back but without a clear plan about how to get the ball forward and support that movement. Has anyone told the players goals win games and that is the aim of the game we love?
Unfortunately Poyet focuses almost solely on defence with the likes of Cattermole almost making a back five in defence and going not much farther forward when we are in possession.

Our passing style consists of slowly passing it along the back 4, invite some pressure onto ourselves, shit ourselves, pass it back to Mannone who hoofs it up the field, we lose the header and possession.

Ad infinitum.

Think we'd forgotten it long before today. Have we had over 50% posession in any game this season?

We didn't even want to pass it out from goal kicks today.
we had 53% possession v Southampton. It means fuck-all. You just need to be decisive and clinical when you have the ball and we are not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back