Three Weaker Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Errrr, thats not what you said.

Read exactly what i said. "My team would include Borini". He hasn't been replaced. "My team would include Ki", he hasn't been replaced either.
Next i said "my team would probably include Alonso". That would suggest to most people that i'm not really fussed either way. I've just assumed/hoped that somewhere in the mix we'll get by.

Borini and Ki are two players who have the ability to make a difference. The same can be said about Rodwell if he gets up to speed and stays injury free. The rest are just a big f**king jumble sale.

Read exactly what i said. "My team would include Borini". He hasn't been replaced. "My team would include Ki", he hasn't been replaced either.
Next i said "my team would probably include Alonso". That would suggest to most people that i'm not really fussed either way. I've just assumed/hoped that somewhere in the mix we'll get by.

Borini and Ki are two players who have the ability to make a difference. The same can be said about Rodwell if he gets up to speed and stays injury free. The rest are just a big f**king jumble sale.

No, it suggests you'd prefer Alonso - as would I - but I'm basing that on how he performed for Sunderland, I'm not starting some kind of fantasy world where I'd never seen any of those players play for us.

Those 2 players you said can make the difference, when did they sign?

No, you said that even if you'd never seen Borini / Ki / Alonso play for Sunderland before, you would have them in our current starting 11. On what basis, given that they were bit-part players at their respective clubs before coming here (which is why they were loaned to us in the first place) ?

We need to beat the bottom teams if we are to be above them! Largely we couldn't do that last season, especially at home, and if that trend continues we will be in the bottom 3 as we can't keep taking points of the likes of City, Chelski and United.

We look a poor side. Especially up front and at the back to me. I'm not sure where the striker goals are coming from and the back 4 looks championship quality and that's before the injuries and suspensions that will inevitably come!

Despite not being as strong as we were last season i've had a good look and i actually think there's three worse teams than us. So, although we've stepped backwards it could also be argued we've stepped forwards.

I won't name the three in case it jinx's us but i'm quite optimistic that the Ellis Short Hollywood Blockbuster can plod on for another year.
Bit shit that were looking for teams worse than us so we dont have to worry so much about relegation! If last seasons brush with relegation doesnt make Short wake the fuck up nothing will! If we dont bring in anyone of quality were fucked IMO and we should not be in this situation after last years bullshit ffs.

No, it suggests you'd prefer Alonso - as would I - but I'm basing that on how he performed for Sunderland, I'm not starting some kind of fantasy world where I'd never seen any of those players play for us.

Those 2 players you said can make the difference, when did they sign?

I didn't start the fantasy never seen him play stuff. Alonso has faults and judging by his defence on saturday so does PVA. I'm not really fussed about either. Given their history before sunderland i'd have gone with Alonso but only because ive got to pick one. It hasn't affected my judgement of last years best eleven being better than this year's. Ive just assumed those two cancel each other out.

Borini and Ki would improve this years team more than Rodwell would improve last years team. That to me means last years eleven were better.

I didn't start the fantasy never seen him play stuff. Alonso has faults and judging by his defence on saturday so does PVA. I'm not really fussed about either. Given their history before sunderland i'd have gone with Alonso but only because ive got to pick one. It hasn't affected my judgement of last years best eleven being better than this year's. Ive just assumed those two cancel each other out.

Borini and Ki would improve this years team more than Rodwell would improve last years team. That to me means last years eleven were better.

You did like.

Noticed you didn't answer that question - they signed on deadline day last year - so weren't here a year ago.

A fit Rodwell is a far better player than Ki.

See post 70

Next.

You did like.

Noticed you didn't answer that question - they signed on deadline day last year - so weren't here a year ago.

A fit Rodwell is a far better player than Ki.

No, someone else pushed me into that direction 3/4's through. I didn't start it. If i was simply given the two squads to choose from my preferred and strongest would be last seasons, at the moment.

Ki has a unique style. Even if you're correct about Rodwell that still leaves Borini unreplaced. That would suggest you're agreeing with me because whichever way you slice the cake there's still one quality player from last season left over.

No, someone else pushed me into that direction 3/4's through. I didn't start it. If i was simply given the two squads to choose from my preferred and strongest would be last seasons, at the moment.

Ki has a unique style. Even if you're correct about Rodwell that still leaves Borini unreplaced. That would suggest you're agreeing with me because whichever way you slice the cake there's still one quality player from last season left over.
Ki this and Ki that strange how he wasn't in the team when we were playing our most effective football

See post 70

Next.

Because the other fella was trying to box me into individual sunderland games or particular phases of the season.
My selection of the players i wanted were based on all the information i had and already highlighted in numerous posts before that. My team would include Borini and Ki who i believe we haven't replaced.
It's now suggested that Rodwell replaces Ki, but Rodwell was "used" by a different poster to replace Colback.

To put it bluntly, we've lost what i would class as five regular first teamers from last season and two of them were quality, the others experienced. We've replaced them with one quality player and a bunch who we hope are equal to their counterparts.

haha, no one pushed you into it man, you came up with it from nowhere to try & justify your position.

I've said all along we're stronger than we were a year ago but weaker than we were 3 months ago. The 2 players you're raving about as making the difference signed on deadline day last year, so if you were wanting to be fair & judge like for like you'd give us up to the same point to sign them (or their replacements).

Because the other fella was trying to box me into individual sunderland games or particular phases of the season.
My selection of the players i wanted were based on all the information i had and already highlighted in numerous posts before that. My team would include Borini and Ki who i believe we haven't replaced.
It's now suggested that Rodwell replaces Ki, but Rodwell was "used" by a different poster to replace Colback.

To put it bluntly, we've lost what i would class as five regular first teamers from last season and two of them were quality, the others experienced. We've replaced them with one quality player and a bunch who we hope are equal to their counterparts.
Thats exactly what you're doing! You're judging the team by our best stages of the season, not as a whole.

The fairest way to do it is to judge us on where we were at a year ago. Better or worse?

haha, no one pushed you into it man, you came up with it from nowhere to try & justify your position.

I've said all along we're stronger than we were a year ago but weaker than we were 3 months ago. The 2 players you're raving about as making the difference signed on deadline day last year, so if you were wanting to be fair & judge like for like you'd give us up to the same point to sign them (or their replacements).

Ive said umpteen f**king times there's still over a week left. I'm taking last season as last f**king season, not a particular day or time. I compare with this squad now because this is the one that started our first game.
When Ellis buys two £15mill players and a £10mill player i'm fairly sure we'll be stronger that last year.

Ive said umpteen f**king times there's still over a week left. I'm taking last season as last f**king season, not a particular day or time. I compare with this squad now because this is the one that started our first game.
When Ellis buys two £15mill players and a £10mill player i'm fairly sure we'll be stronger that last year.
So compare it to the one that started last season, stronger or weaker?

Despite not being as strong as we were last season i've had a good look and i actually think there's three worse teams than us. So, although we've stepped backwards it could also be argued we've stepped forwards.

I won't name the three in case it jinx's us but i'm quite optimistic that the Ellis Short Hollywood Blockbuster can plod on for another year.

Weaker in what sense? Palace are weaker than us yet finished 11th last season. We were as weak as anyone for large parts of the season yet survived by a number of points.

The league table doesn't tell you everything.

So compare it to the one that started last season, stronger or weaker?

The squad or the team? I would select a different set of players to PDC.
It isn't f**king rocket science, five or six of last years players would still be in this year's best team. That only leaves 5 positions to compare.
Judging the differences leaves at least one more quality player from last season. I'm also being extremely f**king generous by comparing a hard nosed seven year Premier League veteran with an injury prone shaggy haired youngster.

The squad or the team? I would select a different set of players to PDC.
It isn't f**king rocket science, five or six of last years players would still be in this year's best team. That only leaves 5 positions to compare.
Judging the differences leaves at least one more quality player from last season. I'm also being extremely f**king generous by comparing a hard nosed seven year Premier League veteran with an injury prone shaggy haired youngster.

No. its not rocket science, its very basic but you seem to be struggling.

I thought this thread was about the clubs ability to get points in the league - so is the club in a better position now than it was a year ago? Tip - we'd not signed Borini, Ki, Alonso or Vergini a year ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back