Three Weaker Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why? It's subjective at best. A Sunderland team containing Johnson, Ki, Colback and Borini got absolutely mullered away to West Brom last season by the way. Now there's one "wrong" already improved on from last season. ;)

No they didn't. It was a close game between two pretty poor sides.

Colback was the only person who got 'mullered' that day. Other than that it was very tight.

No. its not rocket science, its very basic but you seem to be struggling.

I thought this thread was about the clubs ability to get points in the league - so is the club in a better position now than it was a year ago? Tip - we'd not signed Borini, Ki, Alonso or Vergini a year ago.

All four of those played for us last season. Nobody anywhere said anything about a year ago. We're talking about the best of last year's options and the best of this year's current options.
Our Texas Billionaire has the ability to kill this thread stone dead in the next 10 days or so.

Anyway, Bardsley and Colback have been adequately replaced, and Altidore too albeit by two players who were both at the club last season (one injured and one out on loan). Remains to be seen how PVA does in comparison to Alonso.

All four of those played for us last season. Nobody anywhere said anything about a year ago. We're talking about the best of last year's options and the best of this year's current options.
Our Texas Billionaire has the ability to kill this thread stone dead in the next 10 days or so.
I have, about about half a dozen times, why are you reluctant to answer it? Anyone would think you had an agenda.

Judging us now against where we were a year ago means we can judge how we're doing at the same stage of our preperations.

You haven't seen any of them play man.

Cabella has the body of a boy. A few crunching challenges and he'll be begging to be subbed.
I have and they are astute signings, along with Lascelles who I am amazed has gone to the mags.

You've changed your tune a bit haven't you, all doom and gloom about 2 weeks ago saying we were in trouble, to now saying that the team has 'great chemistry' under Gus. You bipolar or something?

They beat us 3-0, had 13 shots on target to our 7 and had 4 shots on target to our zero.

If they were poor we were f***ing awful. Contrast that to last Saturday.

We were poor but so were they. Statistics don't tell you everything. It was 1-0 and anyone's game until the last 15 minutes.

Despite not being as strong as we were last season i've had a good look and i actually think there's three worse teams than us. So, although we've stepped backwards it could also be argued we've stepped forwards.

I won't name the three in case it jinx's us but i'm quite optimistic that the Ellis Short Hollywood Blockbuster can plod on for another year.
Im trying to think of 3 weaker posters than you but strugging to do so.

Are you sure you have looked properly?
Ahh, theres one

I have and they are astute signings, along with Lascelles who I am amazed has gone to the mags.

You've changed your tune a bit haven't you, all doom and gloom about 2 weeks ago saying we were in trouble, to now saying that the team has 'great chemistry' under Gus. You bipolar or something?
I reckon 3 or 4 people use his account like. I prefer this Gipetto if i'm honest. :lol:

We were poor but so were they. Statistics don't tell you everything. It was 1-0 and anyone's game until the last 15 minutes.

Whatever, we were still markedly improved last Saturday than this time last year. Which was kinda the point of the thread but I'm not so sure now.

Whatever, we were still markedly improved last Saturday than this time last year. Which was kinda the point of the thread but I'm not so sure now.

I'm not sure that was the point of the thread marra, but I agree we were better last Saturday than this time last season.

How do people know so much about these new Newcastle signings? I've seen Cabella and Riviere once, Janmaat a couple of times and probably never seen De Jong.

Do you watch that much foreign football, or are people basing their opinions on one game?

Despite not being as strong as we were last season i've had a good look and i actually think there's three worse teams than us. So, although we've stepped backwards it could also be argued we've stepped forwards.

I won't name the three in case it jinx's us but i'm quite optimistic that the Ellis Short Hollywood Blockbuster can plod on for another year.
according to the league table, theres 9 teams worse than us :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back