Top 10 away games of the 90's

Status
Not open for further replies.
0-4 vs Sheff United circa 98/99
Didn't Steve Bruce get the run around off Bridges and caused him to retire? Gavin Mccanns first game too iirc

Mags 2-1 in the rain.

Barnsley in 1999 - won the league on a Friday night on Sky and Phillips scored one of my favourite goals he got for us.
That goal by Phillips was my favourite that he scored for us. As he cuts in and he hits it, you can here to commentator (Andy Gray??) go 'arghh' he's that impressed by it.
Actually spoke to SKP about that goal. He said his one away to Swindon is his favourite

Tranmere away April 98
Good Friday?

Loved that. Especially after getting hammered off them the previous season. Living in Peterborough didn't help so revenge was sweet!

Got a story about that match.
Was nipping all match, couldn't use the bog at the ground as it was minging.
Came out after the win and went to the bingo club just down the road.
Stormed in as the dogs were now barking only to be stopped by a determined old lady who said it was members only and no football fans in the shithouse.
I asked how much to join, she said a fiver so I whipped a skin diver out and she took it.....she then declared it took 24 hours to enrol and told me to get out as she summoned the polis outside.
So a fiver down, sweating like Jardine near the Ssol. Strange thing is , I sat on it till all the way home, got dropped off about 500 yards from home and then it came, I had to flee home at high speed and just made it before Tracy island put an appearance in.

Stormed in as the dogs were now barking only to be stopped by a determined old lady who said it was members only and no football fans in the shithouse.
I asked how much to join, she said a fiver so I whipped a skin diver out and she took it.....she then declared it took 24 hours to enrol and told me to get out as she summoned the polis outside.
So a fiver down, sweating like Jardine near the Ssol. Strange thing is , I sat on it till all the way home, got dropped off about 500 yards from home and then it came, I had to flee home at high speed and just made it before Tracy island put an appearance in.
Class that. Nothing worse than needing to lay a cable at the match, especially when the bogs are like the one in trainspotting like at peterboroughs ground!

Bolton away around 98/99, I think we beat them 0-3 when it was still quite tight at the top.

How about Bradford during the playoff season? Didn't we dismantle them 0-4 or 1-4?

Aye, another 4-0 at bradford and that julio Arca wonder goal, when he picked the ball up from our own half :cool:

Aye, another 4-0 at bradford and that julio Arca wonder goal, when he picked the ball up from our own half :cool:

Fantastic balti pies that day. Think I had 3. Then had a balti in the town centre before the train home.
Arse was like Rourkes Drift the next day.
First time, knowingly, in a gay bar too. Walesie took me in

Bolton away around 98/99, I think we beat them 0-3 when it was still quite tight at the top.

How about Bradford during the playoff season? Didn't we dismantle them 0-4 or 1-4?
We always used to hammer Bradford, think it was 4-0 & all in the first half , Lee Clarke & SKP were absolutely superb that day

Fantastic balti pies that day. Think I had 3. Then had a balti in the town centre before the train home.
And you've never looked back

That goal by Phillips was my favourite that he scored for us. As he cuts in and he hits it, you can here to commentator (Andy Gray??) go 'arghh' he's that impressed by it.
Actually spoke to SKP about that goal. He said his one away to Swindon is his favourite

The co commentator was Alan Brazil I think.

Sorry, wrong thread, top away days of the 90s, i was on about season 03-04....although we did win 4-0 at bradford in 97 and 99 :lol:

Rotherham away in the cup in 98. Won 5-0 and phillips got 4. Most pissed I've ever been at a match. Luckily it was standing and busy behind the goal or I'd have fell over, couldn't stand up straight or see properly.

Rotherham away in the cup in 98. Won 5-0 and phillips got 4. Most pissed I've ever been at a match. Luckily it was standing and busy behind the goal or I'd have fell over, couldn't stand up straight or see properly.
Awesome brickwork on the urinals at rotherham mind ,:lol:

The only one I would add would be Chelsea in the 92 cup run yes 1-1 on the night but that set up that magical replay!

agreed

Top that one @Banana Boy

Of the games Ive been to...

Everton (won 3-1, they missed a pen, bridges got 2)
West Brom (from 2 down to win 3-2)
Grimsby (0-4 win and cheer up peter reid was properly launched in the stands)
Barnsley (sealed the title)
West Ham (3-2 Fa Cup)
Chelsea (1-1 fa cup 1/4 final)
Tranmere (2-0 with Sunderland fans forcing the gates, and the away end being too full that away fans were let in the side stand)
Pompey (Summerbee scored on his debut, won 4-1)
Boro (1-0 win in our relegation season)
Derby County (5-0, Phillips hat-trick)

8 April 1995 Derby County won 1-0 << Had to wiki this as forgot the season

This was the last handful of games when reidy took over and kept us up.

Class atmosphere in the Baseball Ground as Ball scored the winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back