Top 10 away games of the 90's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inspired by other similar threads......

1990 mags away 2-0 play off semi. THE biggest derby between us ever and we won. Nothing else needs to be said.

Great night, but I'm not so sure John Hall would have managed to take them over if they had won that game. Meanwhile we were handed a fantastic chance to be in the PL from the start and we blew it.

2-0 at Southend, with Mickey Bridges scoring in the fog was a memorable one. It must have taken a good 15 seconds to realise we'd scored.

Leeds 2-1 league cup first win at Leeds for donkey years .Wasn't the biggest turnout at Leeds for some reason only about 2500 there but a quality night it was .

Derby 1-2 Safc Jan 1992 was fantastic.
Crosby just got the gig, thousands upon thousands of us went and we were far better than the scoreline suggests.

Crosby just got the gig, thousands upon thousands of us went and we were far better than the scoreline suggests.
I was stood behind the goal at the front, seating end anarl. Chocka that day.
Iirc Bracewell went to clear a ball down the line and a Derby player blocked it and it smashed into a Derby fans face. Stretcher required.

I was stood behind the goal at the front, seating end anarl. Chocka that day.
Iirc Bracewell went to clear a ball down the line and a Derby player blocked it and it smashed into a Derby fans face. Stretcher required.

Yep, was a female Derby fan. He sent her some flowers

Yep, was a female Derby fan. He sent her some flowers

i can really specifically remember hearing about the flowers from Brace haha.

That was the day i went to the 'wayfarers cafe' before the game for the worst food ever, can vividly remember how abysmal it was.

Also bought one of those naff anti toon t shirts from one of the cockney traders, never again.

Enjoyed going to the baseball ground more than pride park (though had i gone to the 5-0 win that maybe would have been different)

A London game in the early 90's, can't remember where exactly (got beat) but on the way back on the train we checked the other results we found out we'd won over £500 each on the football coupon. Celebrated like a cup win (not that I know what that would be like).

That was a crackin game. There were a lot of Sunderland in each stand cos the away end was chocka, more people than seats behind the goal where I was. I remember when we took the lead that a scuffle broke out in the main stand upper to our right. I didn't see the end of it cos there was fighting in the paddock to our left and a fair few got led down the side of the pitch and put in with us. Also remember a bad crush trying to get in and a bloke complaining to a copper for doing nowt cos his little boy was crushed and the copper replying "if you fuckers hadn't come there wouldn't be a problem" this was after hillsborough as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back