Tour de France thread 2014**

Who will win the Tour de France?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
is majka a potential future winner? Today is going to be good i think and then time trial will surprise a few - expecting big time gaps!

Money on Sagan and Degenkolb today.

This Nibali witch hunt is laughable mind.

I'd like to think the same questions would be posed towards Froome, Contador or whoever regarding doping. Hopefully in years to come skys anti doping stance wont come back to bite them on the arse. Are we saying that Brailsford would put his reputation on the line or turn a blind eye to doping within the team?
As for Astana/Saxo Tinkoff et al...their doping links are well publicised, ex epic dopers like Bjarne Riis and Vinokourov running teams does not sit right with me.

I'd like to think the same questions would be posed towards Froome, Contador or whoever regarding doping. Hopefully in years to come skys anti doping stance wont come back to bite them on the arse. Are we saying that Brailsford would put his reputation on the line or turn a blind eye to doping within the team?
As for Astana/Saxo Tinkoff et al...their doping links are well publicised, ex epic dopers like Bjarne Riis and Vinokourov running teams does not sit right with me.

I can't believe he's allowed in the sport

Disgrace...seeing "Mr 60%" still in the sport...never mind good old Vino.

Saw him interviewed the other day, not an ounce of regret/shame/apology etc

Just needs Lance back to put the icing on the cake, give it 3/5 years max imo.

I did love his tweet during the cobbles stage crying for a 'Riders Union' This is the same man who encouraged team doping/dodgy blood transfusions from back street hotels, right?

See fat Pat has now said he was emotional when claiming "there is no place for Lance in cycling" and he now regrets saying this....

Imagine him,Vino,Riise all as DS' with the likes of Virenique and Roche giving commentry and analysis !

Would be like the "good old days"

See fat Pat has now said he was emotional when claiming "there is no place for Lance in cycling" and he now regrets saying this....

Imagine him,Vino,Riise all as DS' with the likes of Virenique and Roche giving commentry and analysis !

:lol:

Liggett fawning over them all for the full house.

the reinvention of greg lemond is the antidote to that scenario

the reinvention of greg lemond is the antidote to that scenario

And a pleasure to see...the treatment of him by LA and the likes of Trek was disgraceful.

Another good excuse to plug "slaying the badger book" and film that is out very shortly.

Liggett fawning over them all for the full house.

haway man you're being unfair there....don't you know "lance looked me in the eye and told me he didn't dope...I believe him"
Ligget reckons all tghe allegatins were made up by "shady charachters"..
ITV should have had the perfect excuse to bin him then

he doesnt work for ITV... they take the american feed...

Thought he'd be binned by whovever employs him..apart from the fact he's useless.
Then again he's "the voice of cycling"

Shame as the rest of the ITV coverage( I do like the Ned Boulton and Chris Boardman bits) is good

Thought he'd be binned by whovever employs him..apart from the fact he's useless.
Then again he's "the voice of cycling"

Shame as the rest of the ITV coverage( I do like the Ned Boulton and Chris Boardman bits) is good

nail on head - "voice of cycling" insulates him...

i would highly recommend the itv tdf podcast with matt rendell & ned + chris you've not heard it...

Might give it a watch...Quite like Rendell as well

Enjoyed the bit with Ned doing the final climb yesterday and seeing some of the strange people on the climb....understandably he was blowing a bit

I'm struggling to accept Nibali. His dominance just sows the old seeds of doubt.
Don't think Froome or Contador could have lived with what he's done this tour.

He's 7 minutes up against pretty poor opposition. Wiggins won it with about 6 minutes against much better, why did that not set alarm bells ringing? Chris Froome was winning stages by a minute plus last year anarl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back