Tour de France thread 2014**

Who will win the Tour de France?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given those two both write for The Guardian and the source of ALL cycling stories in The Guardian is Bradley Wiggins himself, I'm not so sure they are highly credible sources!! :lol::lol:

Both respected...and generally spot on with stories. Wiggins links to the Guardian are only a few years old, whereas they have both been respected for years before that
Have you read the Froome bits regarding his contract negotiations and his interview with Kimmage ?

Reckon Dave was out manouvered...and that's a compliment to Froome ;)

Really difficult to judge how good Nibali is here as the likes of Peraud are second tier GC riders at best and would've had no chance of a podium had Froome, Contador, Talansky not crashed out

Dont think he`d had have all his own way in the mountains either if Quintana had ridden

Aye forgot about him, can add a fully fit Rodriguez as well

Latest mood swing from Wiggo:

Logon or register to see this image

Matt Slater
@mattslaterbbc

A month after telling BBC Brekkers he'd like to ride another TdF, he's just told BBC1 he won't ride another GT & priority is now track

http://www.readytogo.net/mattslaterbbc?p=i
Matt Slater
@mattslaterbbc

Wiggo also said he'd had enough of road cycling's 'politics', remarking that there's 'no loyalty'. Yep, him & Chris are fine now

Matt Slater
@mattslaterbbc

"That will probably b it 4 GTs. I can’t imagine doing that now. I’ve been there, done it, thank God, & (track) has 2 take priority now.”

Matt Slater
@mattslaterbbc

"I’ve stopped enjoying the road now it’s become so political…the track feels much more like a family & the road is quite cut-throat."

Last edited:
Lots of tired bodies and teams hoping to salvage something, could be a weird one....or deadly dull ?

Today's stage goes within about 10K from in laws and was one of the two stages we were hoping to have gone over for....

Didn't happen sadly( but will be out there in two weeks so hope weather keeps fine)

I don't think he is doping in all honesty, but the performance today was suspicious. You could argue that the reason he's been attacking so much is to prove that he could have won even with Froome and Contador in it.

Agree about Wiggins. He's never shown his 2012 form since he won the Tour. I think he could have maybe made it into the top-10. Don't think he'd have been dropped on a lot of climbs with some of the accelerations and Sky not bring able to control things. The person who should really feel aggrieved about not being selected is Kennaugh. He's been showing some great form of late.
Has there been any suggestion about the reasoning behind this? When it was announced I was gobsmacked - I seem to remember they said something about him not being fit enough - then he goes off & wins British road race championship & Tour of Austria - so he's not in form then. Is there any possibility that Pete is seen by Froome as being in the "Wiggo camp"? No disrespect to the lad but I really can't see why either Brailsford or Froome would want to choose someone like Danny Pate ahead of Pete Kennaugh.

Has there been any suggestion about the reasoning behind this? When it was announced I was gobsmacked - I seem to remember they said something about him not being fit enough - then he goes off & wins British road race championship & Tour of Austria - so he's not in form then. Is there any possibility that Pete is seen by Froome as being in the "Wiggo camp"? No disrespect to the lad but I really can't see why either Brailsford or Froome would want to choose someone like Danny Pate ahead of Pete Kennaugh.

There's no way they could have guaranteed he'd get his form back so well/quickly. If they'd taken him and he'd been shit people would have just said it was too soon to take him!

Who's money's on a fated last solo hoorah from Jens?

If the riders cared about the fans at all they'd let him go and 'accidentally' leave it too late to chase.

The reason cited was 'inconsistency' which was effectively inferring that his health was a worry. He has had a couple of bouts of illness this year but as you say, he did seem to have recovered from them. Great shame as I think he may have had a great Tour once given some freedom post the end of the GC challenge.

The reason cited was 'inconsistency' which was effectively inferring that his health was a worry. He has had a couple of bouts of illness this year but as you say, he did seem to have recovered from them. Great shame as I think he may have had a great Tour once given some freedom post the end of the GC challenge.

agreed...I like the fact that he's spiky personality wise...think he would have come into his own the ten days or so.

Raining today....thank fuck didn't go ;)

rain is pretty horrific. Big crash with nibbles would sure spice it up a bit...

no chance for the break, so Sagan, Degenkolb and Kristoff top 3.

Just looked at the Velogames table. Disappointingly, I've little chance of actually being the Lanterne Rouge but I also had a look at Lebz, Orica GreenLebz team. Astonishing.

If there was a case for doubting performance and demanding further testing, it would be in the selection of that team. Very suspicious!!! :eek::eek:

Anyway, Greipel for me today.

Just looked at the Velogames table. Disappointingly, I've little chance of actually being the Lanterne Rouge but I also had a look at Lebz, Orica GreenLebz team. Astonishing.

If there was a case for doubting performance and demanding further testing, it would be in the selection of that team. Very suspicious!!! :eek::eek:

Anyway, Greipel for me today.

Aye, he's given us all a right going over. Top 30 over all. The places behind him are quite close though - the exact order on the podium isn't decided yet and the two of us in 4th and 5th are very close also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back