Trail Cycling in hamsterly or beamish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Used to cycle a lot, especially the 7Stanes. Glentress red us undoubtedly the best from top to bottom, with only small amounts of forest road. Spooky Wood is fast and flowing, with loads of berms, humps and drop-offs - but nothing too technical. And the good thing is Innerleithen red is almost as good, but a bloody hard cycle to the top, and only a few miles away from GT. After that Kirroughtree red is next, but miles away.

Beamish woods is a canny laugh to ride around but not really testing, still Broke me ribs in there about 20 years ago . Just go up and have a rake round it's not very big . Probably the best place to start is at the top of the " fodges" . Drive straight up from ravensworth to the T junction , look at 10 o'clock and there is a cut into the woods . This goes down to beamish hall . There are cuts off it if you want to poke about more .
There is also another 'downhill' which goes back down the old rail line the other way towards birtley and then a climb out up towards eighton banks .

I've never done Beamish, But will this winter/spring.

Done the bolded bit a few times.Every time,on a x bike.Thats heading home for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back