Train Tickets....again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right, just got these mother*ckers in the post. why oh why do I need that many tickets. it's a return from London kings x to durham.

Logon or register to see this image

it just doesn't need to be this complicated.
f***ing boils my piss mate - our record for away games was, I think, Villa last year. Four adults and a kid, 29 tickets (and a letter from the Mister cos some of our tickets didn't print out).

All you should get is ONE ticket with a barcode on and when scanned it will say summat like "Four adults and one child with friends and family railcard, return from Newcastle to Witton" and have the times. Absolutely no f***ing need for all those tickets like! :evil:

f***ing boils my piss mate - our record for away games was, I think, Villa last year. Four adults and a kid, 29 tickets (and a letter from the Mister cos some of our tickets didn't print out).

All you should get is ONE ticket with a barcode on and when scanned it will say summat like "Four adults and one child with friends and family railcard, return from Newcastle to Witton" and have the times. Absolutely no f***ing need for all those tickets like! :evil:
mate I bought returns from Paddington to Swansea for a stag do. 17 people I think it was. gates at Paddington too so it was a total f***ing nightmare.

mate I bought returns from Paddington to Swansea for a stag do. 17 people I think it was. gates at Paddington too so it was a total f***ing nightmare.

We just hand the lot over to the conductor and let him/her sort it out. They can be confusing enough when sober never mind on the way back from an away game.

You should see how many tickets you get when you split your journey up, you need a backpack to carry them all.

There's only two tickets there though.

There's only two tickets there though.
Point is, in this day and age all you need is one ticket, piece of card, rectangular bit of paper, whatever you want to call it, with all of the information contained on it. It's completely within the realms of possibility. Next time I think I'll just shuffle the fuckers and pass them over.

Point is, in this day and age all you need is one ticket, piece of card, rectangular bit of paper, whatever you want to call it, with all of the information contained on it. It's completely within the realms of possibility. Next time I think I'll just shuffle the fuckers and pass them over.
It would be boring though.

anyone here do a decent belfast accent ?
You got the codes? ;)

We just hand the lot over to the conductor and let him/her sort it out. They can be confusing enough when sober never mind on the way back from an away game.

You should see how many tickets you get when you split your journey up, you need a backpack to carry them all.
in hindsight I should have taken this sage advice instead of standing there like a pissed croupier.

yer. Was saying to VOR the other day the new inn might be an option, its always chocka full of sunderland but the stream is always crap. He was gonna speak with the lads and let me know what they fancy doing
Its on sky so shouldnt be any worries about a bad stream. Was thinking abiut the New Inn as well. was there last year

You should have the option of just having a barcode/QR code type thing on your phone. Let them scan that. It would take some investment admittedly. But if you can get on a plane with that I don't see why it wouldn't work with a train.

You should have the option of just having a barcode/QR code type thing on your phone. Let them scan that. It would take some investment admittedly. But if you can get on a plane with that I don't see why it wouldn't work with a train.

I'd like 'them' to invest in reducing the price of tickets before introducing fancy gadgetry that only about 10% of rail users would be able to use.

Now dont't be silly, it wouldn't be the only option. Bit like airlines with boarding passes on your phone, makes it a doddle.

Yeah can just see old biddies hoying out their smart phones and stuff. This is 2014, 10% of households in the UK still have an outside toilet FFS. You want poor people to buy 'smart' phones and get into debt so that they can board a freaking plane or train?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back