UFC/MMA Thread - 2020

I thought it was a wind up when i saw it….assuming it’s not?

Really fancied this, but I’d be clattered by 3am, would need to go out on the afternoon, home for a nap then back out for the night shift.

Why bother have it in the UK at all? Pointless.

Because ESPN wont want a premium live event on at 3pm their time. Especially with how stacked full of title fights it'll be.

Word from Edwards camp the Main event is all but signed and it's Edwards v Belal and you'll have Mokaev challenging, and possibly Tom defending his interim if he agrees - He's no under obliged to agree to anything but Jones or Stipe just think he's a peasant at this stage to the point Tom has been taking a leaf out of the Shannon Briggs playbook and going wherever Jones is at but he's just not budging at all :D

Its just about put me off. One of my mates is on about trying for tickets. See what happens.... I wish I could nap. Sadly though, there's no way I could prepare for that in a way I won't just be wanting to go back to bed. That's not how I want to experience my first UFC event. Dread to think how much it will all cost aswell.

Tbh I don’t know what anyone else was expecting.

Premium live event in an arena what’s not even open yet which was majorly funded by the owners of Man City. That shit ain’t coming for free.

Because it’s in July it’s an all nighter job and it’s gonna cost ya an arm and a leg

Last edited:
I wa tempted like but the 3am putting me off. Last time i did that was Hatton Tyszu. Was wrecked. And aye tickets will be mental, price to pay for a numbered card in the uk. Imagine the card will be immense for uk fans.

I could probably deal with main event at 3am at a push but not the main card starting at 3am 😆

Main event potentially 5am you reckon?

I wa tempted like but the 3am putting me off. Last time i did that was Hatton Tyszu. Was wrecked. And aye tickets will be mental, price to pay for a numbered card in the uk. Imagine the card will be immense for uk fans.

I did it for UFC 204 and it was certainly an experience :lol:

Flew over that afternoon, on the piss all day and then straight back to the airport afterwards after the main event to fly back at 9:30am.

Trying to get a taxi back to the airport afterwards was carnage like.

Because ESPN wont want a premium live event on at 3pm their time. Especially with how stacked full of title fights it'll be.

Word from Edwards camp the Main event is all but signed and it's Edwards v Belal and you'll have Mokaev challenging, and possibly Tom defending his interim if he agrees - He's no under obliged to agree to anything but Jones or Stipe just think he's a peasant at this stage to the point Tom has been taking a leaf out of the Shannon Briggs playbook and going wherever Jones is at but he's just not budging at all :D
Toms already confirmed he's on the card and is just waiting for an opponent. Most likely Curtis Blaydes.

I did it for UFC 204 and it was certainly an experience :lol:

Flew over that afternoon, on the piss all day and then straight back to the airport afterwards after the main event to fly back at 9:30am.

Trying to get a taxi back to the airport afterwards was carnage like.
When I did the Hatton at 3am or whatever it was we had a taxi van waiting outside the arena for us. Straight in. Done the lad a deal to take us their and back. Picked us up from the sandpiper at washy at 12 and then in the oiss all day and night until fight.

Its just about put me off. One of my mates is on about trying for tickets. See what happens.... I wish I could nap. Sadly though, there's no way I could prepare for that in a way I won't just be wanting to go back to bed. That's not how I want to experience my first UFC event. Dread to think how much it will all cost aswell.
Would only end up getting cancelled if you had tickets anyway.

Back