UK ordered to pay £1.7bn more to EU

Status
Not open for further replies.

You can't have it both ways. If they're going to hurt our business by putting tariffs on our exports to the EU then surely we will hurt them more by putting tariffs on their imports to Britain. They import more to us and thus will be hurt more - by your own definitions.
There will only be one winner in that one and it won't be a country on the periphery of European economics or politics.

Seems fair enough. Can't complain when we've benefitted the other way. Surely David isn't pretending that he didn't know that this could/would happen?

I think dave is simply playing the outrage card so he can delay payment, most likely until he is out of office and another party is in poer.
Then the other party will be lumbered with payment (and no doubt a hefty fine on top for late payment) and then whoever is in power has to deal with the mess the tories left behind (this cost, universal credit (billions down the drain and billions more to be wasted), higher debt and more spending than labour did, messed up justice system, etc)

I think dave is simply playing the outrage card so he can delay payment, most likely until he is out of office and another party is in poer.
Then the other party will be lumbered with payment (and no doubt a hefty fine on top for late payment) and then whoever is in power has to deal with the mess the tories left behind (this cost, universal credit (billions down the drain and billions more to be wasted), higher debt and more spending than labour did, messed up justice system, etc)

Either this or a deal will be done behind closed doors (norm for EU) where somehow we don't pay it to save Cameron face but manouverings in other areas will ensure the money is paid.

It should be paid up and people should stop whinging. I'm looking forward to Cameron playing the outraged strong leader role with all his bluster for the domestic media and audience just before Europe tell him shut the fuck up, pay up and stop moaning before he slinks away saying "i told them", after of course paying what is rightly due.
The outrage from the anti EU'ers on here is funny to watch as they stomp and jerk their knees about having to actually honour the agreements Britain has. This outrage wasn't very evident when Britain PLC was banking their EU rebates.
You mean like the French are honouring their agreement to run a deficit of no more that 3%? Oh, hadd on ....

Thinking of which, does this news from the EU Stats office mean that France's deficit is even worse that was thought last week?

which other party - there is no other party fit to govern? not even UKIP

We'll find out at the next General Election.

They will not reform and by 2017 (or whenever) after more and more control has ebbed away and more and more undemocratic rubbish has been forced upon us then the anti-EU feeling will be much higher than it is now. I just fear Miliband leads us so far down the garden path that we have nothing left to reclaim.

Just as worrying as this is that the EU has just agreed to cut carbon emissions by 40%.

So it will become more and more impossible to manufacture anything profitably in the UK and all of our energy bills will continue to skyrocket and the lights will soon go out.

Meanwhile; there's been no warming for nearly two decades, ice is expanding and polar bear populations enjoying an increase.

Just as worrying as this is that the EU has just agreed to cut carbon emissions by 40%.

So it will become more and more impossible to manufacture anything profitably in the UK and all of our energy bills will continue to skyrocket and the lights will soon go out.

Meanwhile; there's been no warming for nearly two decades, ice is expanding and polar bear populations enjoying an increase.
and china continue to belch out co2 like it's pissing and in the middle east petrol prices are 30p a litre.

What kind of co2 emissions does fracking churn out? Any?
no idea. at a guess just the running of the machinery. I now they are talking about using co2 instead of water in the process but other than that I'm sure plenty of others here are more qualified to answer.

no idea. at a guess just the running of the machinery. I now they are talking about using co2 instead of water in the process but other than that I'm sure plenty of others here are more qualified to answer.

40% reduction seems to be a massive number.

Reducing our reliance on fossil fuels by 40% would be brilliant news anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back