Under-fire Sunderland boss Poyet: I stand by my tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what your saying, but he does very well and not losing games...and very poorly at winning games. I don't think we look seriously like going down and we can't keep firing managers. A better balance has to be found between holding out for a draw and going for the win. I'm actually convinced that he thinks the back 4 need protecting from themselves which is why the midfield sit so deep.

With football you need to take risks to win games, that's the difference, he's happy not to, doesn't make for great football or a comfortable season.
You don't win things as a club by being cautious, Man City are hopeless without the ball but not many take advantage of that.

Love how much Poyet winds up the angrier posters on here, top winding up imo.

With football you need to take risks to win games, that's the difference, he's happy not to, doesn't make for great football or a comfortable season.
You don't win things as a club by being cautious, Man City are hopeless without the ball but not many take advantage of that.

I agree, he's made mistakes, lots of them but I think he's worth sticking with....as long as we can get the balance right with attacking.

There's no way this moron can be kept at the club after this season finishes.

He's extremely fortunate that there has been a dearth of replacements available or he'd have been sacked after the QPR game.
This. He is a completely finished. He was finished as soon as he had a go at the fans, never mind the f***ing shocking results and football.

There's no way this moron can be kept at the club after this season finishes.

He's extremely fortunate that there has been a dearth of replacements available or he'd have been sacked after the QPR game.
and after one of the most tedious seasons on record there are still one or 2 that reckon we should stick with him

and after one of the most tedious seasons on record there are still one or 2 that reckon we should stick with him
The team selection on Tuesday seemed like pisstake to me. Setting out for a 0-0 at best. He'd lost me before that but that was just brutal and clueless. We should have been hammered - by HULL! - AGAIN!!!! FFS!!!!!!!
What must the better players be thinking? - it has to be obvious to them too.

The team selection on Tuesday seemed like pisstake to me. Setting out for a 0-0 at best. He'd lost me before that but that was just brutal and clueless. We should have been hammered - by HULL! - AGAIN!!!! FFS!!!!!!!
What must the better players be thinking? - it has to be obvious to them too.
going to be interesting if there are soundbites from within when he fucks off

:lol:

are you f***ing kidding me?

there is no defence for what he did at Hull

He has completely f***ing lost the plot

Is it not you who've lost the plot?
We went away in the Premier League, restricted them to a few chances, and came away with a point - that's his defence. You're sounding like we got beat 6-0? Completely lost the plot - what , by grinding out an away point?? Bizarre

Raffs said:
We went away in the Premier League, restricted them to a few chances, and came away with a point - that's his defence. You're sounding like we got beat 6-0? Completely lost the plot - what , by grinding out an away point?? Bizarre
But Gus had called It a must win game, then sent out a side that he thought (hoped?) Wouldnt get beat. He's running scared and this will transmit to the players. Against some of the other teams at the bottom attack has to be the best form of defence as shown when he brought the subs on!

This is a woosh surely?

We were awful

We played 4 centre mids, 3 centre backs and a right back at left back

We were lucky as anything and should of been beaten

He is changing the team and formation every single game, it's f***ing chaos mAn.

Open your eyes

going to be interesting if there are soundbites from within when he fucks off

Bound to be loads. The players aren't even coming out with the We're fully behind the gaffer and his tactics kinda shite
The blokes beyond clueless. Sooner the total bullshitting idiot goes the better.

Just a matter of time other clubs below us pick up points. We are sinking quick and he doesn't know how to stop it.

Once again we are relying on other clubs being worse than us.

What makes you think clubs that are below us and have done worse than us all season, are suddenly going to pick up points and we are not?

That 2nd line is ridiculous and one of the worst statements I ever see fans use and it's used too often. We don't rely on teams being worse, we ARE better than those, the league position shows that. It's like saying Chelsea will win the league because they relied upon 19 teams being worse than them.

It's just a negative spin on saying we are better than the teams below us.

What makes you think clubs that are below us and have done worse than us all season, are suddenly going to pick up points and we are not?

That 2nd line is ridiculous and one of the worst statements I ever see fans use and it's used too often. We don't rely on teams being worse, we ARE better than those, the league position shows that. It's like saying Chelsea will win the league because they relied upon 19 teams being worse than them.

It's just a negative spin on saying we are better than the teams below us.
It's saying that in any normal year we'd be in deep trouble thanks to our inability to win games. Thankfully this year the promoted teams have been fairly uncompetitive.

It's a personal opinion but I don't think we particularly deserve to stay up. I don't expect anyone else to agree with that statement, I just feel that a negative team that doesn't really play football will fluke survival rather than earn it.

The bottom 3 and Villa couldn't buy a win but Villa may have turned the corner like WBA and Palace.

There's usually a defining weekend in a relegation battle when out of the blue about half the teams down there win, some unexpectedly and it's a huge reality check for all the teams down there and the scramble for safety really starts.

Going on previous seasons that weekend is possibly just around the corner and I hope to fuck we're one of the winners. If 2 out of Hull, QPR and Burnley win and we lose we'll be knee deep in the shit.

Obviously we still have Gus's tactical genius to rely on...

I think that its already settled that the Board hope he will keep us up otherwise he would have been sacked after the Bradford game. If he does manage to keep us up, then that's when he will be peddled when the season has ended. Not now. That gives the Board more time to find a positive replacement. I wished that he could hack it but is been clear for months that he has less managerial ability than both MoN and Di Canio.

Tactics are one thing.

Players are another. Borini, Alonso, Ki, Bardsley and Colback would all walk into the team, and were fixtures for large parts of a season when we squeezed to safety.

We are better in goal, and Defoe is better than we have had. Otherwise we are seriously weaker than we were and whoever is responsible for that should be carrying the can for the woeful state we are in.

442, 433, 4131, 451. Pressing up the pitch or sitting back. Direct or passing. Any and all are easier the better quality players you have.

We are low spenders, and we are very poor with the money we do have. We are marking time until gravity exerts it's pull. If not this season, then it's safe to assume it is likely to be a similar story next .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back