Under-fire Sunderland boss Poyet: I stand by my tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tactics are one thing.

Players are another. Borini, Alonso, Ki, Bardsley and Colback would all walk into the team, and were fixtures for large parts of a season when we squeezed to safety.

We are better in goal, and Defoe is better than we have had. Otherwise we are seriously weaker than we were and whoever is responsible for that should be carrying the can for the woeful state we are in.

442, 433, 4131, 451. Pressing up the pitch or sitting back. Direct or passing. Any and all are easier the better quality players you have.

We are low spenders, and we are very poor with the money we do have. We are marking time until gravity exerts it's pull. If not this season, then it's safe to assume it is likely to be a similar story next .
Revelierre easily the better player.

Next six games Villa (h) West ham (A) Mags (H) palace (H) Arsenal (A) Stoke (A)

how many points do you think we will get from those realistically?

35 should do it but it seems shameful to be looking at scraping points here and there. It's inevitable that a season will come when we can't cling on and we'll only have ourselves to blame.
if there was endeavour to win it would help mainly against lesser sides but its just damn right garbage in every game

35 should do it but it seems shameful to be looking at scraping points here and there. It's inevitable that a season will come when we can't cling on and we'll only have ourselves to blame.

I reckon that's what we'll finish with and that's being optimistic. I don't know how many seasons 35 points has been enough to survive in but I'm sure it will be close and Chelsea away on the last day has horrible potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back