Union pay rise question

If someone has just started a new job and the union is in negotiation over a new 2 year pay deal, does the new starter get the new pay rise or just thew 2nd rise if still employed? (Aye it's me I'm asking for btw )

You will get the pay rise when it has been agreed when the rise starts.
Even if I have just started and on 6 month probation? I worked at the same place 7 years ago for around 4 plus years and I'm joining the union like I always do (My 1st week) but looked on the noticeboards with the companies 2 year offer which they have advised to decline (I know I can't vote until a member ) but i was thinking because i have joined after April 1st this year I probably wouldn't be entitled to the this years one.

Tried to google it but can't find an answer TBH

Even if I have just started and on 6 month probation? I worked at the same place 7 years ago for around 4 plus years and I'm joining the union like I always do (My 1st week) but looked on the noticeboards with the companies 2 year offer which they have advised to decline (I know I can't vote until a member ) but i was thinking because i have joined after April 1st this year I probably wouldn't be entitled to the this years one.

Tried to google it but can't find an answer TBH
You should be on par with the others doing your job, regardless of the stat date. That’s how it works with us anyway, we’re paid weekly, hourly pay btw.

The union negotiate for all employees. Any pay rise should be across the board - unless your contract stipulates otherwise.
Aye i get that it work the same for union members and non union members. It's more the new starter date as only started on Tuesday this week so still on 6 month probation

If someone has just started a new job and the union is in negotiation over a new 2 year pay deal, does the new starter get the new pay rise or just thew 2nd rise if still employed? (Aye it's me I'm asking for btw )

If you have set pay grades for each job & not in a job where everyone negotiates their own pay & its all hush hush, then the pay for that job is uprated along with everyone else regardless of when they start

If you have set pay grades for each job & not in a job where everyone negotiates their own pay & its all hush hush, then the pay for that job is uprated along with everyone else regardless of when they start
I see the Union notice board saying they have been offered 4.4% 1st year and 2.2% 2nd year but have advised against it but good to know I will be get something.

Sounds good to me but I've not worked in a job with pay rises in a dew years now

Last edited:
Back in the day . Firm I worked for . We got practically fuck All pay rises . Terrible negotiations by union reps we elected . Wasn't till a few years later . Discovered union reps had a season tickets at sol paid for by secret benefactor. And drinks and food hoyed in . Top union bloke dead now so won't say firm . Was helon at time

Back in the day . Firm I worked for . We got practically fuck All pay rises . Terrible negotiations by union reps we elected . Wasn't till a few years later . Discovered union reps had a season tickets at sol paid for by secret benefactor. And drinks and food hoyed in . Top union bloke dead now so won't say firm . Was helon at time
I can imagine. People get bought off

Back