until the owner invests half decent money in to the club we will always be pishing against the wind

Status
Not open for further replies.
you cant sow a silk purse from a sows lug hole its so easy as a fan to blame the manager, dof, players and the like but in the current set up what do people expect
I read /hear oh get tony pullis or david moyes in he will keep us up, well that's all well and good but what happens after that in the long term gus might well do the same this season but if short continues to go down the rout of free transfers and basic penny pinching then it doesn't matter who the manager is, Jose Mourinho would struggle to keep this crop of shite up.
we have been in the premier league for around 8 seasons now and in that time have had keane, bruce, oneill di canio, poyet in and have stood still if not gone backwards tbh if you flirt around relegation for too long then eventually it will catch up with you.
really don't know what people expect managers like poyet, bruce, pullis, pardew, monk, hughes, redknapp, etc etc are on a par with each other come the end of the season there will be about 6 or 7 points between all those teams. gus was a hero last season when he somehow kept us up after a disastrous start to the season when just about all of us had us relegated but his hands are tied when it comes down to the money available to spend
yes you can question some of his signings like any manager on a relative budget but I really hope we stick with him for a couple of seasons at least. are some fans really that daft to think that if we keep changing managers despite the lack of investment that things will change dramatically
we are who we are whether you like it or not which is a bottom half/ struggling premier league team and always will be unless the purse strings are sufficiently released

Last edited:

Rodwell. Johnson. Fletcher. Wickham Altidore Graham, Giacc, That's over 50 million right there. Yes we could spend twice that much but we'd probably just end up with half a dozen more pluggers. And as for Bridcutt...as far away from a premier league player as possible to find. Money is great but you have to spend it properly

Yes, this is spot on. If only Ellis Short would allow us to have a wage bill on a par with say Everton then we'd be a damn site better off....... oh shit, hold on, you mean we did actually spend virtually the same amounts on wages as Everton for a good few years yet still achieved the square root of fuck all and we've ended up having to ship half that shite out these last couple of seasons????

We have had just as much investment as most PL teams. Look at clubs like Swansea... something somewhere is just not right - and I don't think investment is the problem.
Rodwell. Johnson. Fletcher. Wickham Altidore Graham, Giacc, That's over 50 million right there. Yes we could spend twice that much but we'd probably just end up with half a dozen more pluggers. And as for Bridcutt...as far away from a premier league player as possible to find. Money is great but you have to spend it properly
but we always just balance the books mignolet, Henderson etc etc

Very strange that the people in charge of the club thought that the squad was good enough to stay up this season. We needed a miracle last year, and that was with Ki, Borini, Alonso, Bardsley, Colback in the squad.

We now have Rodwell, Alvarez, Pva, Jones, Gomez...how was it ever gonna go ok this season?

I add Rodwell to your list.

He is simply not worth the ten million (or was it twe!love?)pounds we paid for him.

I agree we need to spend but spend on whom? We're under the assumption that players want to come here but I also believe somethings not right in the club. If o'shea has gone crying to maggie sgain or what, who knows. Seems we can't get basic passing right. The players just look downbeat atm.

btw did sean connery write the title of this thread???

Yes, this is spot on. If only Ellis Short would allow us to have a wage bill on a par with say Everton then we'd be a damn site better off....... oh shit, hold on, you mean we did actually spend virtually the same amounts on wages as Everton for a good few years yet still achieved the square root of fuck all and we've ended up having to ship half that shite out these last couple of seasons????
everton are a one off as far as the premier league is concerned they don't often sell their best players unlike us to balance the books

speculate to accumulate Ellis - but we struggle to get the players up here so fuck knows what to do :confused:

Often wonder if there's extra pressure players feel playing for Sunderland?

you cant sow a silk purse from a sows lug hole its so easy as a fan to blame the manager, dof, players and the like but in the current set up what do people expect
I read /hear oh get tony pullis or david moyes in he will keep us up, well that's all well and good but what happens after that in the long term gus might well do the same this season but if short continues to go down the rout of free transfers and basic penny pinching then it doesn't matter who the manager is, Jose Mourinho would struggle to keep this crop of shite up.
we have been in the premier league for around 8 seasons now and in that time have had keane, bruce, oneill di canio, poyet in and have stood still if not gone backwards tbh if you flirt around relegation for too long then eventually it will catch up with you.
really don't know what people expect managers like poyet, bruce, pullis, pardew, monk, hughes, redknapp, etc etc are on a par with each other come the end of the season there will be about 6 or 7 points between all those teams. gus was a hero last season when he somehow kept us up after a disastrous start to the season when just about all of us had us relegated but his hands are tied when it comes down to the money available to spend
yes you can question some of his signings like any manager on a relative budget but I really hope we stick with him for a couple of seasons at least. are some fans really that daft to think that if we keep changing managers despite the lack of investment that things will change dramatically
we are who we are whether you like it or not which is a bottom half/ struggling premier league team and always will be unless the purse strings are sufficiently released
Or we are relegated whichever comes first and there will be no quick return with this this regime incharge.

Dont think a lot of people realise just how hard it it to attract quality talent to the club
MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, the stars went to Boro and they did get into Europe and won a cup. I know what happened there and it was nowt to do with football but it affected it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back