until the owner invests half decent money in to the club we will always be pishing against the wind

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've said it before, we seem happy enough to pay decent fees but it's all about the wages. Borini wouldn't sign because of wages, we lost bent because of wages.

We have spunked ridiculous amounts in the last 10 years
The problem is recruitment
Wrong players
Simple really

It's a strange one, there has been money invested, I'm not anal enough to add it all up and compare it to other teams investment but I'd bet we wouldn't be far short.
So, it would seem that managers haven't spent well. Or is that just my simple brain not analysing and over analysing.

He has spent a fortune year on year. We have wasted shedloads on garbage like graham, altidore, giac, rodwell, Buckley, bridcut etc. if we had more money we would spend it on more garbage and probably bankrupt the club. We need a change of philosophy. Buying players who fit a system and a manager who knows what he's doing

It's not the total spend.......it's the way it's spent. Instead of tailoring a deal around a player who might actually improve us we try to find a player to fit a budget.

It's very similar to Fantasy Football when you have a certain amount left to buy a player.......you click on the list of who you can afford and try to find a gem among them......totally ignoring all those outside of the budget you've allocated for that position.....Altidore was on the list.......Bony wasn't........Bridcutt was on the list....Diame wasn't........PVA was on the list......Alonso wasn't.

We have spunked ridiculous amounts in the last 10 years
The problem is recruitment
Wrong players
Simple really
its only money that we have recouped in sales
if we kept Henderson bent etc etc and added to that we would be in a much better position

Rooney.
Rodwell. probably glad they did
Lescott. out of contract
Pienaar. still there isn't he
Fellaini.

Off the top of my head.
they have still kept the nuclease of the squad for years though

SAFC have one of the lowest net spends in the league over the last three seasons. We sign bad players because we won't pay the going rate.
We sell our best players, or let them go for free. We buy lesser quality replacements and we plug the gap with a cynical overuse of the loan system. We've done that for three seasons and somehow survived. This season is different 'cos:

There are no loanees to save us.
We've downgraded one time too many. :(

Exactly this, it's not Short who chooses to buy Bridcutt, Buckley, Rodwell.

But it is Short who appoints the people who choose to buy Bridcutt, Buckley and Rodwell.........and Altidore, Cabral, Diakite, Graham and all the other shite we've signed. He appoints the wrong people and compounds it by setting unrealistic budgets.

Go back to the money Keane & Bruce spent - mostly on shite
Got money back on Gyan, Bent, Cana, Jones etc but we let a good young un go for nowt! CW looks set to do the same. Too many times we've loaned players and lost them when they went back to their parent club. You can't keep doing that and survive. The Prem got wise to us this year and there are no loanees who will save us come next May. Worrying times. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back