'Value' beans vs branded beans

Status
Not open for further replies.

mini-x2

Striker
Not just beans, bread/tomatoes/cornflakes etc, owt that supermarkets sell as their own stuff versus the 'big' brands. Is it all really made in the same factories then shipped out in different packaging or is this just a myth?

Not just beans, bread/tomatoes/cornflakes etc, owt that supermarkets sell as their own stuff versus the 'big' brands. Is it all really made in the same factories then shipped out in different packaging or is this just a myth?
the products you mentioned are basically the same gear as they're pretty much raw ingredients..........stuff that is processed often uses cheaper ingredients (try a chicken kiev and enjoy a mouth full of soya) and masks it with added sugar and salt. Even the more expensive branded bread uses soya as it's so cheap.

My sister in law is a purchaser for Waitrose and the only difference between the canned stuff is the label. Soups etc are exactly the same but with different label design.

Tesco beans do me fine
Less sugar and salt than heinous

Like my sauce runny

when you value do you mean supermarkets own standard range or basic range.

Many of the standard ones are fine, basic range are rank

I buy the own brand tinned tomatoes but everything else you can taste the difference.

Fuck off man, you can't really tell the difference with beans.

Aldi sells the best bread anarl.

when you value do you mean supermarkets own standard range or basic range.

Many of the standard ones are fine, basic range are rank

Well both. Mostly the standard stuff but for gear like beans and tomatoes I'll just buy the basic stuff. It's the same ingredients anyway.

cant tell the difference mesell

Same with some cereals, can't tell with them either

The wife did try and fob me off with cheap Frosties, frosticles or some shite. They got fucked right off

I'll take the Frosties challenge with anything and I'll win

Fuck off man, you can't really tell the difference with beans.

Aldi sells the best bread anarl.

Well both. Mostly the standard stuff but for gear like beans and tomatoes I'll just buy the basic stuff. It's the same ingredients anyway.

My mate is a manager in a food factory, he was telling me about the so called special brands and normal ones like lasagne

Only difference is the packaging in most cases, and sometimes about an extra 2p in meat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back