Van Gaal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akinbiyi.
That's him, I think he started at Crewe.

Collymore got a hat-trick on his Leicester debut against us. Are you not thinking of Akinbiyi (who was a national joke at that time) scoring the only goal in a game against us a couple of years later?

Think that's the reason he was appointed as Van Gaal's assistant, there were a few reports at the time of the appointment that the plan is for Giggs to become manager at the end of Van Gaal's 3-year contract.

If that is true, it seems as though Ferguson still has far too much influence in goings-on there.
Yes, there was an Abebola, wasn't there. I can't remember who he played for now. I had forgotten about Collymore as well.

because he regularly wins titles
IF he can't get the spoilt brats playing then he will fail these days. We'll see.
I suspect there is more to him, of course, and a couple of CBs will likely make Man Utd serious again.

He's won 19 trophies is that not enough evidence?
Do you think Brian Clough would be a successful manager now?
Let's see what he does with a real challenge with rich, spoilt players.
BTW - I think he'll likely succeed but times have changed - even very recently (look at that twat Rooney).

So why didn't the richest and biggest club in the world (C) and (TM) buy two centre backs?
The bizarre signing is Rojo who has started the last 2 games as first choice left back in a back 4 relegating Shaw (who I don't think has started a game yet) to the bench. Seems pretty obvious that Shaw wasn't Van Gaal's signing and the deal was done before he joined but surely a centre back was more pressing than another left back if even if Shaw wasn't his first choice!

The bizarre signing is Rojo who has started the last 2 games as first choice left back in a back 4 relegating Shaw (who I don't think has started a game yet) to the bench. Seems pretty obvious that Shaw wasn't Van Gaal's signing and the deal was done before he joined but surely a centre back was more pressing than another left back if even if Shaw wasn't his first choice!

Unlike others on here I'm not an expert on MUFC but is Van Gaal sticking with a back-3 like he did at other teams that he's managed?

Unlike others on here I'm not an expert on MUFC but is Van Gaal sticking with a back-3 like he did at other teams that he's managed?
Nobody really knows :lol:
He started off with a back 3 when he didn't really have the personnel to play it. Then he signed Rojo who supposedly could play the left side of a 3 to balance things better.... Then immediately switched to a back 4 for the last 2 games :lol:
Seems to me he's signed so many attacking players he doesn't have room for a back 3 any more....

He started off with a back 3 when he didn't really have the personnel to play it. Then he signed Rojo who supposedly could play the left side of a 3 to balance things better.... Then immediately switched to a back 4 for the last 2 games :lol:
Seems to me he's signed so many attacking players he doesn't have room for a back 3 any more....

Ta, do you still boycouutt (sic) the MUFC matches?

Do you want MUFC to do well or not now that you have FCUM to support?

Similar to what my Man Utd supporting mate said. He was quite pissed off yesterday like, at 3-1 it looked as if Leicester were getting a little foothold and we were saying he has to take off Herrera and put Fletcher on to shore things up and see out the game yet he made some strange subs and you conceded 4 goals

I thought he would do really well at Man Utd and he still might but he has to find a better balance for the team, especially away from home. Blind looks a smashing signing but there's literally only him in midfield doing defensive work

Radio 5 were talking to the England Ladies goalkeeper this morning who thought most of the problems were down to the lack of direction from the Manu goalkeeper, said he wasnt getting them organised effectively. Surely its more to do with the lack of quality at the back with these players getting dragged all over the place leaving the keeper in the shit too often.

Radio 5 were talking to the England Ladies goalkeeper this morning who thought most of the problems were down to the lack of direction from the Manu goalkeeper, said he wasnt getting them organised effectively. Surely its more to do with the lack of quality at the back with these players getting dragged all over the place leaving the keeper in the shit too often.

Agree with you generally that the goalkeeper isn't to blame for Manchester United's problems, but I do think that De Gea is vastly overrated, makes some excellent saves, but I still don't think he dominates his area well enough and always has a mistake in him. My opinion has nothing to do with the price tag either, I just think a team with the aspirations of United need a better Keeper.

Agree with you generally that the goalkeeper isn't to blame for Manchester United's problems, but I do think that De Gea is vastly overrated, makes some excellent saves, but I still don't think he dominates his area well enough and always has a mistake in him. My opinion has nothing to do with the price tag either, I just think a team with the aspirations of United need a better Keeper.

Think he's still one of the better keepers in the league, but his development seems to have stalled somewhat since Moyes got rid of the goalkeeping coach who was there under Ferguson. Mind, he's still only 23 which is very young for a goalkeeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back