Vergini

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not overly negative and don't have any opinion either way on Congerton but it doesn't really bode well than we're into July and he has spent all summer trying to wriggle out of deals he made last year.

Personally think Vergini is shite and I'm still very wary about Coates

I'm not overly negative and don't have any opinion either way on Congerton but it doesn't really bode well than we're into July and he has spent all summer trying to wriggle out of deals he made last year.

Personally think Vergini is shite and I'm still very wary about Coates

They're both shite, but at least Coates can just about defend. We really should be after better players than these to mugs however.

Santi is gash at right back, but he's ok at centre halve.

Brown wouldn't play too much, Vergini would be good cover behind O'Shea and Coates.

Lets face it, we would get him for peanuts and his wages wouldn't be much either.

They're both shite, but at least Coates can just about defend. We really should be after better players than these to mugs however.

Aye, sure top defenders are queuing up to sign for Sunderland and we have an endless pot of money to sign them.

I reckon Vergini would be better playing in CDM. He's decent on the ball but heart in mouth when he tries to skin players around our box. Nearly cost us the game towards the end of the season, can't remember who it was against but forced a save from Pants. Imagine if we had gone down because of that :lol:

Got a lethal volley on the bassa an all

I reckon Vergini would be better playing in CDM. He's decent on the ball but heart in mouth when he tries to skin players around our box. Nearly cost us the game towards the end of the season, can't remember who it was against but forced a save from Pants. Imagine if we had gone down because of that :lol:

Got a lethal volley on the bassa an all
Worth a try. Ya nivva nar.

TBF think Advocaat said he would rather keep Brown. Congerton acted hastily imo.

Advocaat imo was a solid appointment but I really question his logic in wanting a near 36 year old crock over or a 26 year old (raw I know) but ok back up.

I don't think Santi is class or out, but he gets so much stick and some of it is very unfair. He isn't a right back but people still expect him to be good when played there? Centre Halve is the lads only position and he has done ok not great but ok when played there most of the time.

Advocaat imo was a solid appointment but I really question his logic in wanting a near 36 year old crock over or a 26 year old (raw I know) but ok back up.

I don't think Santi is class or out, but he gets so much stick and some of it is very unfair. He isn't a right back but people still expect him to be good when played there? Centre Halve is the lads only position and he has done ok not great but ok when played there most of the time.

TBF rather have Brown at CB. However that should be 4th choice. Brown shouldn't have been offered a new deal until Vergini was gone.

Santi is gash at right back, but he's ok at centre halve.

Brown wouldn't play too much, Vergini would be good cover behind O'Shea and Coates.

Lets face it, we would get him for peanuts and his wages wouldn't be much either.

Aye, sure top defenders are queuing up to sign for Sunderland and we have an endless pot of money to sign them.

No thanks he's not good enough

Brown is streets ahead of him, even at 35

A lot of the hatred is down to the back heel against Southampton, which was ill advised but hardly worth stringing him up over.
I am still convinced if we where award a penalty including a sending off it was going to be 2-1 down game on. Also Vergini flew in from Hong Kong in Thursday night before the Saturday match in Southampton. It clearly was a match that after 3-0 and no award of a penalty with a last man sending off Sumderland packed it in...

I am still convinced if we where award a penalty including a sending off it was going to be 2-1 down game on. Also Vergini flew in from Hong Kong in Thursday night before the Saturday match in Southampton. It clearly was a match that after 3-0 and no award of a penalty with a last man sending off Sumderland packed it in...
Eh?

A raw 26 year old 4th choice centre half is no use to us. Brown is better than him even at 36 plus longer term we can get rid of him next year. We would have to give vergini a 3 year contract and be stuck with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back