Vespa restoration, complete at last!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigfoot

Midfield
Been doing this up for ages, took so long 'cos I didn't really know what I was doing, plus I had to save for some parts as I was a bit skint. Here's a few pic's, It's actually not fully finished, still need a couple of badges etc but nearly there. :D
Before I started (that's not me on it btw)
Logon or register to see this image

This is as I started to strip it down, you can see a lot of rust and weld marks on the back like.

I ended up having to cut the mudguard off 'cos the screw holding it was rusted to buggery, it was pretty fucked anyway.

Underside was a bit of a f***ing state like! :lol:

Welding been previously done, looked like shit.

Hmm, some of the pics have disappeared, I'll try again!

There, that's the first 3.

Last edited:

Been doing this up for ages, took so long 'cos I didn't really know what I was doing, plus I had to save for some parts as I was a bit skint. Here's a few pic's, It's actually not fully finished, still need a couple of badges etc but nearly there. :D

This is as I started to strip it down, you can see a lot of rust and weld marks on the back like.

I ended up having to cut the mudguard off 'cos the screw holding it was rusted to buggery, it was pretty fucked anyway.

Class

More panel pics

This is the reason I had a mare getting the engine out, the main pivot bolt was seized, I eventually had to cut it with an angle grinder, then drill the bolt shaft out, f***ing nightmare!

And here's the old one, next to the nice shiny new one. :cool:

Would love a squie at the pics but all I see is blue question marks.

I thinking of getting on the list for a Scomadi 300.

Edit. Now I see the last couple, looks great marra, love out like this.

is that you barry taylor

This is bizarre, they all showed up but now they're going off, any ideas what the story is with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back