Vespa restoration, complete at last!

Status
Not open for further replies.
meh, its a scooter :lol: cant see the pics anyway , don't want to tbh, i like proper bikes me though :lol: well done anyway ;)

Last edited:

Been doing this up for ages, took so long 'cos I didn't really know what I was doing, plus I had to save for some parts as I was a bit skint. Here's a few pic's, It's actually not fully finished, still need a couple of badges etc but nearly there. :D
Before I started (that's not me on it btw)
Logon or register to see this image

This is as I started to strip it down, you can see a lot of rust and weld marks on the back like.

I ended up having to cut the mudguard off 'cos the screw holding it was rusted to buggery, it was pretty fucked anyway.

Underside was a bit of a f***ing state like! :lol:

Welding been previously done, looked like shit.

Hmm, some of the pics have disappeared, I'll try again!

There, that's the first 3.

I seem to be the only one who cannot see these images.And no,its not because my eyes are closed.

Haway man y'bassas! :lol: I can't work it out, I've done it before loads of times but it's just not having it today, they did actually display at first, but bizzarely then disappeared. :confused:
Woah, had on, I think it's worked!
Looks class, great job. Now get the rest up.

You're smaller than I imagined.

You get any before pictures too?

Great job marra.
Did you buy it knackered with a view to restoring it?

If not ... well I'm always a bit intrigued as to why people let a classic ride like that deteriorate in the first place. Pretty sure I have two mates with a couple of T5s rusting away in their garages.

Great job marra.
Did you buy it knackered with a view to restoring it?

If not ... well I'm always a bit intrigued as to why people let a classic ride like that deteriorate in the first place. Pretty sure I have two mates with a couple of T5s rusting away in their garages.
It was like that when I got it, falling to bits really, my first Vespa was a T5, looked great, engine was a dog though.

All credit to you then (and mate of course). Great job. What do you think of Scomadis?

I had a beetle which was taking up space, sold it as I needed the space in the lock up but wish I'd kept it now.

Done a few bits with my camper but not a full resto and got a Merc sitting there that needs some TLC. Wish I'd kept the Beetle though.

Takes a lot of hard work, dedication, money and love to pull it off. :) Well done!

All credit to you then (and mate of course). Great job. What do you think of Scomadis?
They look pretty good mate don't they, there's another company does replica vintage vespa's, neco they're called, they look really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back