Vote Gideon, vote Tory

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't understand why the 2nd point isn't being used as a massive stick to beat them with. Milliband should be pointing it out every time they mention the failing of the last government.

I don't understand why the 2nd point isn't being used as a massive stick to beat them with. Milliband should be pointing it out every time they mention the failing of the last government.
I think most people are genuinely bamboozled by the information they get nowadays. As is Gideon.

I imagine a lot of the debt they've accrued is because of the situation they found themselves in.
That and the fact that half of Labour's period of government benefited from the economic circumstances left by the Major government, in particular low inflation, the economic boost from globalisation and the Internet, and that Blair followed previous Tory spending plans for his entire first term (an electoral commitment designed to mitigate fears of Labour's economic management - and look how right they turned out to be once he was free of that commitment in his 2nd term).

But don't expect any of the red eye balled f***ing nuggets on here to tell you that.

I'll vote Labour because I'm going back to uni as a mature student this year, so simply because of their tuition fee promise. Other than that though, a better Labour leadership would wipe the floor with the current lot. The fact that it hasnt happened, doesn't inspire me at all. The figure fudging by the tories is clear as day but as another poster mentioned, continuously goes unchallenged.

I'll vote Labour because I'm going back to uni as a mature student this year, so simply because of their tuition fee promise. Other than that though, a better Labour leadership would wipe the floor with the current lot. The fact that it hasnt happened, doesn't inspire me at all. The figure fudging by the tories is clear as day but as another poster mentioned, continuously goes unchallenged.

Probably because Labour pretty much abandoned any principles they had when Blair took over. Labour and the Liberals are so close to the Tories they are practically indistinguishable. Can you imagine what would happen if Milliband announced plans to nationalise the core utilities ?

Zero hours contracts are pretty indefensible but the Tories continue to try and defend them
Zero hours contracts

Q: How many jobs are zero hours contracts?

About one in 50.

Q: Could you live on one?

Cameron starts answering. As Paxman tries to interrupt, he says “Hold on”.

Paxman keeps repeating the question about whether Cameron could live on a ZHC.

That’s not the question, says Cameron.

It’s my question, says Paxman.
Cameron says the government outlawed exclusive ZHCs. He could not live on one. That is why they got rid of them.

Zero hours contracts

About one in 50.

Cameron says the government outlawed exclusive ZHCs. He could not live on one. That is why they got rid of them.
What's YOUR point?

Semantics

Zero hours contracts

About one in 50.

I've got two mates on ZHC.

For me the worst impact is the food bank stat

A lot of the other points are more than likely to have happened if labour had stayed in power, could argue would be even worse

Zero hours contracts

About one in 50.

Cameron answered about exclusive ones but the question was actually just zero hours contracts.

I don't have a problem with them, as a zero hours contract was very beneficial to me when I was in college and looking for work.

Must be awful trying to run a household on one like

Cameron answered about exclusive ones but the question was actually just zero hours contracts.

I don't have a problem with them, as a zero hours contract was very beneficial to me when I was in college and looking for work.

Must be awful trying to run a household on one like

Not entirely sure of the ins and outs, but one of my mates on one can't claim dole because of it. And since the work comes and goes he's sometimes stuck for weeks at a time. It's a depressing dick about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back