What shares would you invest in ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wouldn't invest until the next mini crash. Stocks will likely drop 35% later this year. Or so I have read.
Jump in when they're 30% off the peak.
Go for unit trusts. Pick 6 from uk, us, far east, property, emerging markets, europe.
I am not a financial advisor so take all the above with a pinch of salt.
Investments are for the long term. Shares can go down as well as up.
Morningstar and trustnet are good websites for information
Here we go. Fasten your seatbelts, we're in for a bumpy ride.
I'm hoping for a second chance bounce before the real crash. I need to liquidate some shares to pay for my pension for the next 12 months.

The big crash might not happen of course. Who knows what the people with the real money are thinking?
One of the web sites I follow is this one:
http://solarcycles.net/2014/10/
A guy called John Hampson who seems to think that solar cycles can affect stock markets.
It's interesting and apart from the new age stuff there is a lot of information on there.
I don't understand much of it but the signs seem fairly clear that sentiment points to a big correction in the markets.
Take it or leave it.

It looks like the economy has turned the corner, if you had an amount of money to invest what shares would you buy? Never done it before, always bought property but shares could give a better return, do you spread the risk, or buy into around four companies you think are going to do well ?

Isn't Eurozone about go back into recession and everyone is shitting themselves that the UK will get dragged down with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back