What's the hardest thing you've ever done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Secondary mate. The school I'm in pretty much expect a fully trained teacher in through the door! Little support but uni have been great.

Sorry to hear that mate, a lot of it depends on how supportive your school is. Try and persevere though mate, will be worth it all in the end.

When I had my jaw broken in 5 places I had it wired together for 4 months, literally lived on cold liquids, mainly Frijj, cold soup and Coke. Lost 3 stone and it was absolute torture. The day I got them out (which fuckin nacked !!) my mam made me mashed potato and gravy for tea and to this day it's still the most enjoyable meal I've ever had !
You ate @Frijj ? Lad alive, it's out now

Walking away from being an emotional hostage to a lass that i felt was the best thing to ever happen to me.
Luckily i keep my cards close to my chest, tell my family nowt until anything is serious but i just couldnt cope with the endless fighting and threats of suicide if i went, in the end i had to get away, she is doing well now thankfully, she was unwilling to get help but she has sought it now and is with someone i know will treat her right, better than i ever could.

Hard to do but threats and demands do not form the basis of a healthy relationship.

Sorry to hear that mate, a lot of it depends on how supportive your school is. Try and persevere though mate, will be worth it all in the end.

I don't think it will be worth it in the end. Have a read of this recent thread, link below, with many posts from those in the know. Teaching is horrendous in terms of workload, hours, pressure and the toll it takes mentally and physically over time. My advice would be to get out now.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/teacher-numbers-crisis.1162119/

Watching alzheimers erode my mother.

Divorce casualties - rehoming 2 hamsters, 2 cats and 2 dogs.
10 years on, guilty as buggery.

I don't think it will be worth it in the end. Have a read of this recent thread, link below, with many posts from those in the know. Teaching is horrendous in terms of workload, hours, pressure and the toll it takes mentally and physically over time. My advice would be to get out now.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/teacher-numbers-crisis.1162119/

Every job has its negatives...I'm teaching in Primary and it doesn't seem to have the same level of staffing crisis etc than secondary.

Plus I think it depends what you compare it to, I left the police in Glasgow which was absolutely brutal. As long as no one is trying to stab me, I'm not working 12 hour shifts on christmas day/new years eve, I'm not stood out in the rain for hours on end, I'm not dealing with dead bodies, people covered in blood etc.

Compared to that I really enjoy it :lol:

When I was younger, having to tell one of my Scout leaders I was going to have to leave because of school. I was absolutely gutted. I didn't get in til about 6 on a Friday and was at school on Saturdays. Bastards.

Going through the long drawn out process after cheating on my ex probably edges that. That was a big mistake, but the mental (and occasional physical) backlash was far worse. To the extent that I needed some form of therapy.
Let this be a lesson to you all. Tread carefully when being in a relationship with someone who is quite bipolar. And a shitheap of other issues.

And thirdly, having to make the decision to have our cat put to sleep. There was no doubt it needed to happen as he had a heart condition and was suffering, but it was so horrible. I would actually say heartbreaking to be honest.
I hope I don't have to do that again, or if I do, our cats will be a lot older and it will not be due to a serious medical problem.

Announcing to a Call Centre full of staff that one of their colleagues had died
Telling my Auntie that her Dad had died
Dealing with Social Services when they (falsely) thought my wife had been hurting our daughter
Telling someone who worked for me that they had BO

Seeing someone on their death bed probably makes anything else in life pretty easy to cope with.
I really feel for those who find it difficult to move on from the experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back