Who is the fastest player ever in football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richardson is the fastest I've seen for us.

I remember when he made Ashley Cole look like a 3 legged donkey against Chelsea away.

Is it possibly not that mag from years and years ago who the offside rule was brought in for, don`t know the name, possibly scummetty scum

There's a story of a Hibs player many moons ago, being able to cover 100m faster than most professional sprinters, I can't remember his name but it was possibly in the 5o's or 60's
Did they even have professional sprinters in the 50s and 60s? Athletics was strictly amateur back then!

I would have thought Darren Campbell would be up there as one of the fastest individuals in a straight sprint to have held a player's license. I think Giggs between the ages of about 16 and 19 has to be the fastest with the ball at his feet. I am sure if you could get the stats, Giggs would have scored the Premiership's top ten fastest goals where the player has run 40 meters or more with the ball at his feet before striking.

The one thing even more interesting about Bolt isn’t how much energy he produces, but how much he wastes. Only 7.79 percent of his energy is used to move himself forward, the researchers found, leaving 92.21 percent spent in the fight against air resistance. That essentially means that for the fastest man—and any sprinter trying to break world records—that the way the weather conditions, like the way the wind is blowing, the day you compete might actually be even more important than how hard he trains.

http://voices.nationalgeographic.com/2013/08/09/how-fast-can-a-human-run/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back