Who is the fastest player ever in football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usain Bolt eat your heart out. The fastest man in the world might have six Olympic gold medals after defending his titles in London this year, but we bet he can’t do this in a pair of boots.

This video shows Cristiano Ronaldo covering 96 metres of the pitch in only 10 seconds against Atletico Madrid on Saturday. Count them. We knew he was fast, but we never knew he was that fast.

Although he is some way off Bolt’s world record, it is worth remembering he has a standing start with no sprint block that athletes use, he is running on grass and in boots, he is concentrating on the movement of the ball (and slows down to prepare to shoot), and he has already run about 7km during the game.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...early-fast-Usain-Bolt-100m.html#ixzz3QDWcgSQY
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The one thing even more interesting about Bolt isn’t how much energy he produces, but how much he wastes. Only 7.79 percent of his energy is used to move himself forward, the researchers found, leaving 92.21 percent spent in the fight against air resistance. That essentially means that for the fastest man—and any sprinter trying to break world records—that the way the weather conditions, like the way the wind is blowing, the day you compete might actually be even more important than how hard he trains.

http://voices.nationalgeographic.com/2013/08/09/how-fast-can-a-human-run/
I always ran faster as a kid when there was a wasp chasing me, there could be something for them to look at.

John Williams, who played for Coventry City.

SHOOT! magazine ran a competition for the fastest runner, longest throw, etc..., and he won it in around 10 seconds. (In his football boots on grass!)

Off the mark the fastest thing I have ever seen on a football pitch was the 18 year old Michael Owen.............

SHOOT! magazine ran a competition for the fastest runner, longest throw, etc..., and he won it in around 10 seconds. (In his football boots on grass!)
'The flying postman'
Used to love those shit competitions. Andy Legg king of the long throw and David Burrows was always there or thereabouts IIRC in the hardest shot round.

Apparently, shorter players (as well as having a low center of gravity) can accelerate quicker and other sprinters are faster than Usain Bolt up to 30 metres. So the long sprinters like Buckley run out of pitch space before they get up to full speed. Acceleration is what really counts and Defoe is faster at this. Much more useful.

Still if Gus Poyet persists in deep defence and fast sprinter is useful as a sub for breakaways. Quickness of thinking and reactions help as well as much as sheer speed. I like to have fullbacks with speed so if they are beaten they can recover and chase the winger. In favour of a passing side, a pass can cover the ground quicker than running with the ball. I always like a speed merchant as it cause the opponents no end of problems if they push up and can get caught on the break.

He used to play football for Notre Dame...in the States....The Rocket....with a younger brother the Missle...Ishmail brothers!

Wasn't that the Rumbelows Sprint challenge or something?

Shoot ran one (or another) a bit later and Chris Amstrong (then of Palace) done it in about 10.6 on grass with boots on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back