Who would you start up front?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fletcher. With wickham joining him when we have possession like last week.

Rattle the centre backs
Definitely this. They show signs of linking up well together when allowed, rag the back 4 all ower the place!!!

As for Jozy, I think Watmore with his broken leg would be a better bet up front.

Jozy played brilliantly against them last year, I watched the whole match back there and he was f***ing immense. But you can't really start him ahead of Fletcher based on any form... and if Fletch isn't ready to start, I'd put Wickham up front and play Ricky wide.

I actually think Jozy will cause them more issues.

Fletcher is the same height but doesn't put it around as much. Jozy will thrive on a game like tomorrow. When he is up for it he can just cause problems even if he lacks a goal threat.

Even caused Chelsea defence them when he came on for 20 minutes

I think we play better as a team with Altidore up top by himself over Fletcher. I'd rather start Wickham over both mind.

Jozy played brilliantly against them last year, I watched the whole match back there and he was f***ing immense. But you can't really start him ahead of Fletcher based on any form... and if Fletch isn't ready to start, I'd put Wickham up front and play Ricky wide.
This.

hoping no one is counting altidore's miss control as an assist for borini's winner…. alvarez out left and wickham up front for me

Will be same team as last week except Fletch in for Altidore

Fully fit Fletch over Jozy. As some have said, I'd rather it just be Wickham and play a proper winger out there!

I'm Wickham's biggest critic, if he has any talent at all it's as a centre forward , let's play him where he wants to play, hope he scores the winner and makes people like me appreciate him a bit more.

It would be sheer bloody lunacy to select Altidore.

Why would we want to start a game with a striker who has the same number of league goals as Asmir Begovic in the last 18 months, who hasn't deliberately assisted any goals in that time (his only official assist being when he couldn't control the ball so Borini dispossessed him and scored the winner), who repeatedly misses open goals from 3 yards, and whose passing is the worst of any outfield player in the squad?

Because he once did reasonably well in an easy 3-0 win at Newcastle, other than ballsing up yet another one on one, and people who want to make him some sort of cult hero for his incompetence think that shows something?

We'd be better off playing with 6 in midfield tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back