Why do people get tattoos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have any but don't like or dislike them really, I'm very indifferent to them but lately you see lots of lads with these sleeve tattoos. Are tattoos a fashion thing, do they make you more masculine? If you have one , what was your reason for getting it?

Cos they're cool as fuck!

For me it's very simple...I like tattoos, I find the fact you can have very intricate art permanently drawn on your skin fascinating. I also think they're a good way of having significant parts of your life permanently commemorated although I know that isn't everyones reason for getting a tattoo.

It is mostly because I'm cool as fuck tho.

Last edited:
I don't have any but don't like or dislike them really, I'm very indifferent to them but lately you see lots of lads with these sleeve tattoos. Are tattoos a fashion thing, do they make you more masculine? If you have one , what was your reason for getting it?
Why do people do anything 1 million pages

No problem with that at all just curious what it is they like about them. The colours? The images?
I have non but there's normally a reason or a story behind it,some better than others..

No problem with that at all just curious what it is they like about them. The colours? The images?

No idea, can't stand them myself. I haven't seen a single tattoo I didn't think looked shit.

But we all have different tastes. That's not to say everything we get is entirely down to taste. We are of course influenced by fashion and popular culture, and tattoos I suspect are the same as most other things. Some people think they look cool so they get one, some people have been told they look cool so they get one.

The likes of Beckham have them...

The majority of the tattoos I see are shite. Fat birds with flowers, skinny blokes with neck tats :neutral:

I got me lasses name tattooed on me arm, mainly just because i wanted to cover up me ex-lasses name that was on me arm. No idea why i got the first one, i think i was a bit pissed.

I've got a few tattoos but won't get our lass' name put on.

Been married 15 years and she's always nagging me to get it done.

I've got nee problem whatsoever with tattoos like, the mrs even has some. Not for me like, only time I think I'd ever consider it is when I have a kid. What I don't get is people who just walk into a tattoo parlour and just pick a tattoo that they thought "looked canny" ha. Thats what me mate said to me when he showed me his new one on saturday, I dont give a fuck cos its his body like I just find it funny people are so casual about having something so permanent done!

why do people spend their hard earned on anything, because its their taste.

Some people think tattoos are for scratters, Some people think trainers are for scratters, some people cant understand why people buy Apple products.

I got me lasses name tattooed on me arm, mainly just because i wanted to cover up me ex-lasses name that was on me arm. No idea why i got the first one, i think i was a bit pissed.

ive got our lasses name tattooed on my wedding ring finger, good thing is is that if we split up her name can easily be changed to safc :lol:

why do people spend their hard earned on anything, because its their taste.

Some people think tattoos are for scratters, Some people think trainers are for scratters, some people cant understand why people buy Apple products.

Their taste, it's not in a lot of cases, it's what others do that influence.

Question should be why do people get tattoos that copy those of others.
Why do people get the same clothes, drive the same cars, get the same haircuts as others?

I got my tattoos because I wanted them, I'd seen a design a liked a number of years ago before everyone went out and got tattoos, at the start it wasn't a very popular design, but now it appears everywhere, but I'll never regret it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back