Why do people get tattoos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

There are several things tattoos can tell us about the people. For example, if the tattoos on a girl are spelt correctly you know she is from a classier area.

I like the idea of a tattoo meaning something. Like the actors in LotR who formed The Fellowship. I believe 8 out of the 9 actors all got a tattoo the same.

Can't understand why some blokes get the names of their kids on each forearm like. Surely something that they are more likely to forget would be appropriate. Like their wedding anniversary or wife's birthday.

Steve Wright the DJ once had Meatloaf on his show and asked if he had any tattoos and Meat replied "no...not for me, I just wouldn't have one."
Steve said but say somebody put a gun to your head and said "you've got to have a tattoo, what will it be?"
Meat replied "shoot me".

I don't have any as I don't like them, and just about everyone I know that does, has regretted it by the time they are 75. The only one I'd get is maybe a Sunderland badge - the old one - on my chest.

I've considered it but there's never been anything that I want to permanently etch on my skin.

Plus I've always thought that I'd make a great secret agent as I don't have any distinguishing features, to be fair I don't have many redeeming features.

I think that those ear gap things are worse than tattoos but each to their own. I s'pose that in this day and age you cannot be discriminated against in job interviews for having a beard, wearing a checked shirt and brown brogues whilst being covered in tattoos and piercings and having holes in your lug lobes. How times change!

Pretty much feel the same, although I did go through a phase I thankfully grew out of when I thought about getting a big fuck off Sunderland tattoo. Don't dislike them as such but am pronbaly too old and set in my ways to bother now.

Disagree about the job thing - rightly or wrongly first impressions/appearance counts for a lot and you can be easily discriminated for visibel tatts and the like. There's nowt you can do about it as an employer doesn't break any laws to do so.

I've always thought I'd get a tattoo if I had a decent original idea for one that meant something to me in particular. As I'm probably the least creative person ever I've not got one and I can't see the point in getting the standard ones like everyone else. Anyone with those tribal tattoos or an asian symbol is an utter spenk- it's basically just some permanent decoration. that seems too stupid for words to me.

A lad where I work is getting his lasered off so he can get some different ones on... must be costing a canny packet

I don't have any as I don't like them, and just about everyone I know that does, has regretted it by the time they are 75. The only one I'd get is maybe a Sunderland badge - the old one - on my chest.

How odd. I've never met a 75 year old with regrets.....Or certainly not about a tattoo anyway.

For me it was something to stand testament of my years playing drums by....

for some people though it's how to remember to spell mum and dad...

A lad where I work is getting his lasered off so he can get some different ones on... must be costing a canny packet

Depends on the size.

My brother in law went to blackers on a stag do and (pissed, of course) decided to get his other halves name tattooed on his wedding ring finger. Instead of "Jo" he ended up with "Joe" :lol::lol:

In 10,20,30 years time the older generation it'll be more popular to have a tattoo than not, most people I know/see have tattoos so what's the issue?

And surely if it's my body I don't know why it bothers other people?

If you get a tattoo do you intend it only to be seen by yourself or by other people as well ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back