Why do people get tattoos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on the size.

My brother in law went to blackers on a stag do and (pissed, of course) decided to get his other halves name tattooed on his wedding ring finger. Instead of "Jo" he ended up with "Joe" :lol::lol:

Pretty much all of his upper arms to start with. He's covered in them and pretty much run out of space so starting again

I don't have any but don't like or dislike them really, I'm very indifferent to them but lately you see lots of lads with these sleeve tattoos. Are tattoos a fashion thing, do they make you more masculine? If you have one , what was your reason for getting it?
No idea.

I've always thought I'd get a tattoo if I had a decent original idea for one that meant something to me in particular. As I'm probably the least creative person ever I've not got one and I can't see the point in getting the standard ones like everyone else. Anyone with those tribal tattoos or an asian symbol is an utter spenk- it's basically just some permanent decoration. that seems too stupid for words to me.

mate, i'll run you close here. mine is a triangle with H in it. H is the first letter of my surname :) it's so lame it's cool :cool:

Why does the SMB demand answers to everything ? Some people like tattoos, some don't. It really is that simple, as with everything in life...
I didn't demand any 'answers' mate I started the post as the reasons for people choosing and getting them interests me. I'm in no way being judgemental

Cos they're cool as fuck!

For me it's very simple...I like tattoos, I find the fact you can have very intricate art permanently drawn on your skin fascinating. I also think they're a good way of having significant parts of your life permanently commemorated although I know that isn't everyones reason for getting a tattoo.

It is mostly because I'm cool as fuck tho.

lol!
nah mostly deluded fat ugly fuckers that just THINK it makes them cool as f - bit like smoking at school made stupid kids feels cool - IMO the 'tattooed' are usually lacking in self confidence merely trying desperately to present some kind of image, the bigger the tattoo the more they are trying to hide their inadequacies

i dont have any by the way

lol!
nah mostly deluded fat ugly fuckers that just THINK it makes them cool as f - bit like smoking at school made stupid kids feels cool - IMO the 'tattooed' are usually lacking in self confidence merely trying desperately to present some kind of image, the bigger the tattoo the more they are trying to hide their inadequacies

Would never have guessed like. Cheers for performing a psychological assessment on me based on nowt by the way.

I would rather buy a nice t shirt / top and when I get bored of it , get another top , don't work like that with tatoo's , but each to there own , its there body they can do what they want,

but there are some nutters who get them on there head

Logon or register to see this image

seen one lad in jarra with tatoo over half his face (pattern thing) NOT FOR ME

lol!

I must have a few inadequacies then! :lol:

All of mine are in places where people can't see them, can you let me know what his means?

I must have a few inadequacies then! :lol:

All of mine are in places where people can't see them, can you let me know what his means?
That you have self-confidence issues that run so deep you can't bring yourself to show your tattoos cos they will draw attention to you and your head will explode...

I got me lasses name tattooed on me arm, mainly just because i wanted to cover up me ex-lasses name that was on me arm. No idea why i got the first one, i think i was a bit pissed.
Keep it up mate. Then help indecisive new parents sort their daughter's name out. 50p a dart throw.

Getting a tattoo seems like a good idea but in reality the style goes out of fashion and most people regret them. Lads at school thought they were cool having bulldogs and cannabis leaves etc, then it was the celtic bands and tribal style, now its sleeves. Ultimately they end up looking shite. Bairns names or ones that are hidden no problem. It will probably cost least £300 to get rid of mine on my back.

Not a fan of them personally, but each to their own. I think they look really cheap & tacky on lasses as well (apologies if anyone's mrs has one, just my opinion though), though a little subtle one somewhere hidden isnt so bad. They arent called tramp stamps for nothing

Not a fan of them personally, but each to their own. I think they look really cheap & tacky on lasses as well (apologies if anyone's mrs has one, just my opinion though), though a little subtle one somewhere hidden isnt so bad. They arent called tramp stamps for nothing

Actually they kind of are. So many people get tattoos nowadays that having one in no way marks someone out as being a "tramp"

I don't think you are correct. Clearly in the last few years tattoos have become fashionable. The nature of fashions is that they come and go. I would think there will be a generation come along for whom Tatts are seen as passé or unfashionable. I may, of course, be completely wrong.
And right now my generation don't think old people are cool with their old fashion ways, so you're right, it is a cycle and I for one would not care about the opinions of some 17 year old.

Not trying to be funny or owt like, but this lass you're with sounds a bit of a fruit loop if she's biting and scratching your tattoo.
Things might change but being honest if it doesnt work with this lass (who ive moved to sunderland for etc) i currently dont think id even want another lass so it shouldnt ever be an issue. Id want sex so would fool around etc but a relationship is a lot of effort and a lot of giving and compromise and stuff. Its fine with this lass but if we split up i think id just focus on being a good dad to my son and would spend my spare time and money on going to the matches, traveling when i can and generally enjoying myself. Could do without the stress of another missus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back