Why the hate campaign against EVs?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Brainwashed public? By the Mail, Sun & Telegraph as well as countless YouTube “influencers “ in the anti EV campaign fully diarised in this thread.
i think i've fathomed out what your random selection of words is supposed to mean.
i don't recall posting any links to those sources, happy to be corrected if you find any.
and aye, brainwashed, coerced, conned, fooled and for all the wrong reasons. the ev was developed as a means to save the planet was it not? there are very few posts on here regarding the environmental benefits. i'd imagine few would actually buy them was it not for monetary savings or some sort of bik/salary sacrifice scheme of which i think is wrong anyway. i'd imagine most who have access to them are in half decent employment anyway leaving others without any of the benefits.
anyway, just about at luton. canny busy, hope you don't run out of electricity.

This thread just proves that the anti EV brigade are for more triggered by EVs than EV drivers are about the ICE drivers and the ICE brigade.
But if EV's were being phased out in favour of ICE vehicles I'm sure there would be a lot of EVangelists triggered.
I think it's more to do with the way it's being done than anything else.

Last edited:
i think i've fathomed out what your random selection of words is supposed to mean.
i don't recall posting any links to those sources, happy to be corrected if you find any.
and aye, brainwashed, coerced, conned, fooled and for all the wrong reasons. the ev was developed as a means to save the planet was it not? there are very few posts on here regarding the environmental benefits. i'd imagine few would actually buy them was it not for monetary savings or some sort of bik/salary sacrifice scheme of which i think is wrong anyway. i'd imagine most who have access to them are in half decent employment anyway leaving others without any of the benefits.
anyway, just about at luton. canny busy, hope you don't run out of electricity.
Have to agree with you about environmental benefits not being a major reason in driving a ev my decision was entirely based on using somebody else's for a week and liking it, plus the other benefits in company schemes as you say .Very few will be private purchases and as many have said trade in values are shocking. I,m still going to have another one like

Back