why we have to keep poyet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The players are going....

thats what i mean, this season and the reason for going down is the players...and as 14/15 are leaving straight away unless short backs poyet with money then short is the problem

with so many leaving he has to back poyet with money otherwise we will be in league 1 come this time next year

Surely GP should have been backed in January? Staying up was well in our grasp at that time and it would not have taken a lot of money to bring in a bit of quality that we clearly needed. If Hull could do it so could we.

And surely GP, before he took the job with us, did his research about our club and sought reassurances from Short re the financial support that he would receive especially in January? If he didn't seek these reassurances then either the money was there but wasn't spent (madness) or GP was got in under false pretences (if so he should have resigned by now surely).

Surely GP should have been backed in January? Staying up was well in our grasp at that time and it would not have taken a lot of money to bring in a bit of quality that we clearly needed. If Hull could do it so could we.

And surely GP, before he took the job with us, did his research about our club and sought reassurances from Short re the financial support that he would receive especially in January? If he didn't seek these reassurances then either the money was there but wasn't spent (madness) or GP was got in under false pretences (if so he should have resigned by now surely).
He was backed in jan.

That's the first time I've read an article saying he fully intends to stick about. Hope it's right, Poyet's not perfect but I can't see anyone else better at the moment.

thats what i mean, this season and the reason for going down is the players...and as 14/15 are leaving straight away unless short backs poyet with money then short is the problem

with so many leaving he has to back poyet with money otherwise we will be in league 1 come this time next year
Another large turnover is my main worry. Keane brought a load in...but that was Keane, there was a huge buzz.

Generally speaking it's a disasterous thing to do, almost regardless of who comes in.

So It's Short that's the problem ?

"If I can get certain things in place and certain standards, then I know I'm going to be able to do my job better. For those standards to be there you need a certain group of players with a certain mentality."

Too many jerkoffs in the dressing room!

I give up! More important things going on in my life this summer !
Be there first game of next season !

There is fuck all in the article, no reasons at all to keep the useless twat, get rid

But he was backed. He brought in four or five players. None of which has yet scored a bloody goal which is what we were crying out for

But he was backed. He brought in four or five players. None of which has yet scored a bloody goal which is what we were crying out for
I've said it before but just think about this -
We have central defenders such as JOS and Carlos at the club yet Gus managed to sign Vergini who is considerably worse
We have a plethora of central midfield players at the club that rarely score a goal, so Gus buys Bridcutt who is even less of a goal threat than even the Sebs and Jacks of this world
We have forwards who couldn't hit a barn door and have no pace, such as Jozy and Connor so he buys another who looks even worse ( this was difficult to achieve for the money spent)

So where, where is the smallest piece of evidence from his time at SAFC that suggests that Poyet is the man to be backed to transform the squad????

The best predictor of future performance is past performance. In terms of transfer market activity that should concern every Sunderland fan when considering the future under Poyet

Gus Poyet has been a disappointment. We were warned from Brighton fans that this would happen. Very hypocritical in team selection and media work. Bringing players out of the blue who got dropped for no reason. Changing formation on a weekly basis. Making noises that he is bigger than the club
. One minute he states that it's all fine and we will succeed and the next it's an impossible task. This of course, comes after a multitude of managerial mistakes. He was back to the tune of 7m in January. It's not a great amount but fuck me he wasted it. January was a complete disaster.

Short certainly isn't blameless in this however, Poyet staying is essential?

Don't make me laugh. Shown many inconsistencies and him staying just for staying sake could be more dangerous than pulling the trigger once again.

I also find it ironic that the the people sticking up for Poyet are the people who gave PDC pelters. Essential they both have the same opinion and have stated the underlying cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back