Wijnaldum

Status
Not open for further replies.

It'd be a slightly odd signing for them - they already have De Jong and Cabella in the number 10 role.

Ashely has a bit of track record of leaking ambitious targets to the press to appease the fans - remember their deadline day bid for N'Zogbia? I reckon they'll get Chaz Austin and nee one else.

It'd be a slightly odd signing for them - they already have De Jong and Cabella in the number 10 role.

Ashely has a bit of track record of leaking ambitious targets to the press to appease the fans - remember their deadline day bid for N'Zogbia? I reckon they'll get Chaz Austin and nee one else.
Nee chance will they stump up the required 15large

Wij has said he isn't signing for them
Gerrin :lol:

Reports saying PSV have put on their website that no club has come in for him as of yet, not checked the website like. I don't know what we are waiting for, everyone seems to be waiting for someone to make the first move, shouldn't we just get in there and get the deal done? Unless we generally can't afford it which worries me.

There was a guy called Andy Brassell on Talksport yesterday and he certainly seemed to be in the know. He reckoned Newcastle were genuinely interested but would baulk if the fee went over£15m which his club are trying to do by keeping him pretty high profile. Would be a good signing for any Prem team from 6th down over.

Not reading whole thread as would take hours. My take is that we need Alvarez situation sorting first before spending money on a player for that position. From what I have seen of this lad, he is worth the money being asked but cannot blame SAFC not paying it when they may have to cough up £8,000,000 for Alvarez.

Perhaps I did grasp what you said, but it is just that I consider that you have got it wrong.

As far as I can see, SAFC now has 21 Over-21 years olds in the squad (including Coates and Matthews). Without moving players on (and there can be no guarantee of this being actually achieved) and if the aforementioned are 'squad players' and not to be included within the 5-6 the top quality players required by Advocaat, then SAFC will not be able to bring in the anticipated number of top quality players.

Your suggestion that the natural and logical order of things is for SAFC to fill its basket with the players for whom there is no competition and to defer pursuit of 'the quality' until later. That seems to be a perverse logic to me. The sensible thing to do would seem to be to go out and act swiftly and decisively to secure 'the quality' before the competition is allowed to build. Otherwise the identified 'quality' may be lured to other clubs and locations. This seems particularly logical to me, given the recognised difficulty of getting players to join us because of our geographic location. Conversely, if there is less competition for the services of the 'squaddies' and presumably also a greater range of choice, then their recruitment could be safely deferred until the end of the process

I would accept that there has not been a great deal of movement to date. However, off the top of my head, I can think of a few players who might fall into the 'could effect major change' category. So, for example Holtby has left Spurs for Hamburg, Podolski has joined Galatasaray from Arsenal (what a demonstration of ambition that would have been), Ings and Richards moving on free transfers (yes this would involve big salaries being paid to the players but the overall costs of such deals being affordable because there would be no fees), Ayew to Swansea and Mings to Bournemouth (If you are going to recruit a young centre back, why not get one who can also cover the notoriously difficult left back spot ?) are others deals done that could hae improved SAFC. Additionally there are also several prospective deals, not least of which is the proposed move of Wijnaldum to Newcastle.

I hope this helps.

For the First paragraph - Our squad, currently, is too large, I agree. Yet without bringing in Coates and Matthews, we would have had 4 defenders. 2 of whom struggle with injuries. Defensive cover had to be signed, and it has been. The size of the squad and players we have yet to offload don't really come into the question in this area.

Moving onto the second point, which way you or I think we should do it has no impact. In reality, when it comes to buying in the 'quality' players, the very fact a player is in demand will add time to the transfer. His current club will try and get the highest fee possible and his agent will be touting him to other prospective buyers, hoping to make more money. And lets face it, if we see a player as a definite improvement to the squad, chances are He'll want to wait and see if his agent can get him something better. That means we can either pay well over the odds (a bad move) or wait, and hope no better interest appears.

And as for that list of players, the only ones we would have had a chance with are Richards, Ayew and Mings. Richards has a terrible injury record, large wages, and his ability is questionable after such little playing time in the last few years. With Ayew, Swansea are a better proposition than us, like it or not. Mings is a huge gamble, 8m on a player untested in the PL. As for listing 'prospective deals,' remember that last year Cavani to Sunderland was a 'prospective deal' for some newspapers.

Perhaps I did grasp what you said, but it is just that I consider that you have got it wrong.

As far as I can see, SAFC now has 21 Over-21 years olds in the squad (including Coates and Matthews). Without moving players on (and there can be no guarantee of this being actually achieved) and if the aforementioned are 'squad players' and not to be included within the 5-6 the top quality players required by Advocaat, then SAFC will not be able to bring in the anticipated number of top quality players.

Your suggestion that the natural and logical order of things is for SAFC to fill its basket with the players for whom there is no competition and to defer pursuit of 'the quality' until later. That seems to be a perverse logic to me. The sensible thing to do would seem to be to go out and act swiftly and decisively to secure 'the quality' before the competition is allowed to build. Otherwise the identified 'quality' may be lured to other clubs and locations. This seems particularly logical to me, given the recognised difficulty of getting players to join us because of our geographic location. Conversely, if there is less competition for the services of the 'squaddies' and presumably also a greater range of choice, then their recruitment could be safely deferred until the end of the process

I would accept that there has not been a great deal of movement to date. However, off the top of my head, I can think of a few players who might fall into the 'could effect major change' category. So, for example Holtby has left Spurs for Hamburg, Podolski has joined Galatasaray from Arsenal (what a demonstration of ambition that would have been), Ings and Richards moving on free transfers (yes this would involve big salaries being paid to the players but the overall costs of such deals being affordable because there would be no fees), Ayew to Swansea and Mings to Bournemouth (If you are going to recruit a young centre back, why not get one who can also cover the notoriously difficult left back spot ?) are others deals done that could hae improved SAFC. Additionally there are also several prospective deals, not least of which is the proposed move of Wijnaldum to Newcastle.

I hope this helps.

So you're basically annoyed because we haven't sold anyone yet, which therefore means we can't possibly sign six more players?

Of the others you mention, the Holtby to HSV deal was pre-agreed, Podolski isn't worth the ludicrous wages he's on, Ings wanted European football, Richards is barely better than Coates, more injury prone and more expensive, and would you honestly have wanted us to sign an £8m left back who's barely any better than PVA? Really?

Regarding Wijnaldum, we've been linked to his fellow Dutch internationals Van Dijk and Clasie, plus Van Ginkel. So don't say we haven't had our share of "prospective deals".

I'll give you Ayew, it would have been a class signing, but even if we had the cash to burn on his wages he'd almost certainly have gone to Swansea anyway.

No evidence whatsoever

It's amazing this thread has gone on for so long from pure guesswork

Agreed, but it's not so much the guesswork that's kept it going, it's the bedwetters taking the guesswork to be gospel truth and then slagging the club off that keeps this embarrassing turd of a thread going.

Agreed, but it's not so much the guesswork that's kept it going, it's the bedwetters taking the guesswork to be gospel truth and then slagging the club off that keeps this embarrassing turd of a thread going.
Spot on after Advocaat interview today he is giving nothing away he will get the players he wants.

I hope this helps.

Well done with learning the calendar, now how about stretching yourself with an explanation as to the relevance of this point ?

see above
As each day passes the dare changes but fuck a happens transfer wise , we have a poor squad that needs better quality in but a we have to date is one of last year's under performers and a kid from celtic on the cheap as per , Yeh the grief will start once again it's only (put date in) we are not a pull for any decent player and have a manager that will be leaving in 10 months time , we have zero organisational skills . The old adage tin hat on as we speak .

Spot on after Advocaat interview today he is giving nothing away he will get the players he wants.
Will he ?

Will he ?

As each day passes the dare changes but fuck a happens transfer wise , we have a poor squad that needs better quality in but a we have to date is one of last year's under performers and a kid from celtic on the cheap as per , Yeh the grief will start once again it's only (put date in) we are not a pull for any decent player and have a manager that will be leaving in 10 months time , we have zero organisational skills . The old adage tin hat on as we speak .

Will he ?

Will he ?
chuckys nailed it mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back