Wijnaldum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Less than a week ago it was all over twitter we were signing him.

True, but we usually don't sign players like him.
Newcastle have signed Cabaye, Sissoko, Remy, etc in the past couple of seasons. we've signed Bridcutt and Cabral. Say I'm being negative and cynical or shitting the bed but it's true

Bit premature I concede but I'd put money on them signing Wijna ldum now, it's all over Twitter and there's usually no smoke without fire
I've just watched the interview with Advocate saying Ellis is a great man and had meetings with him and he is willing to do something. Advocate knows we need quality, real quality so he must of been told what he wants to hear from Short if Short does not deliver there will be hell on. Advocate knows Wijnaldum and I wouldn't expect us to sit by watching Newcastle to sign him like when Advocate has managed him before. We might be waiting for Newcastle to test the water on what he wants in terms of a deal and price before we step in, I don't know but can't imagine we would sit by on this 1 because you don't get many players like this.

I've just watched the interview with Advocate saying Ellis is a great man and had meetings with him and he is willing to do something. Advocate knows we need quality, real quality so he must of been told what he wants to hear from Short if Short does not deliver there will be hell on. Advocate knows Wijnaldum and I wouldn't expect us to sit by watching Newcastle to sign him like when Advocate has managed him before. We might be waiting for Newcastle to test the water on what he wants in terms of a deal and price before we step in, I don't know but can't imagine we would sit by on this 1 because you don't get many players like this.

Really hope you're right mate. Would be an unbelievable signing for us, I think this place would implode

Advocaat

Neither will get him imo, he'll tell both to fuck off as he'll want a move to a CL team

I suppose this is a test of Advocaats pulling power. However, if we can get Lens and Downing I'd soon forgive him for letting Wijnaldum pass us by - as long as he doesn't go to the mags

I suppose this is a test of Advocaats pulling power. However, if we can get Lens
and Downing I'd soon forgive him for letting Wijnaldum pass us by - as long as he doesn't go to the mags

It's not a test of anything, nobody has any proof that we've even made an enquiry about Wijnaldum. Nobody has any proof either that Newcastle are 'close' to signing this lad. For all we know he could be laughing at the idea of joining any team not in the champions league, he's 24 and a class player, he could move to a lot of better teams. We're not in some sort of bidding war, it's pure speculation that we were even in for him in the first place.

People getting angry at the club for not signing a player they've never seen kick a football before - a new low for PF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back