Will we be the biggest club in the Championship?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of turnover, we should have the largest. In terms of attendance I hope we average the most. In terms of success next season I hope we have the best.

Does that make us the biggest? Who knows and who cares! I just want to see a squad being built that can compete to get promoted then compete in the premier league when we get back there!

Since the late 20s?
Dunno, wasnt born

On Talksport yesterday Stan Collymore, a neutral, was talking about the true giants of English football. Man U, Liverpool, Everton, Spurs, Chelsea, Villa, Arsenal Sunderland, Newcastle. These are the teams that would get 50K+ crowds when their team is successful. Nobody disagreed.
Stan collymore who was trying to get people to ring his show.
Stan collymore that is seen as one of the biggest morons in football?

He said something complimentary so is now seen as a good pundit?

Don't care what is the biggest club, it's league position that counts. This kind of arrogance smacks of the way the Mags think

Less trophies and fewer fans means bigger club.
Not too fussed about stuff happening in 1920s, but as a 26 year old, starting to get into football in around 93/94 Leeds have had far more success than us. I would say most people in Europe would consider them bigger. However, ask a 15 or 16 year old lad who is bigger they may say us. These same people might also consider Chelsea to be bigger than Liverpool, and god forbid, Man City anarl.

You said we've won the most trophies, you didn't put a time limit on them. If we put a time limit on ours, say after ww2 we'd be right at the bottom of the list. Even if we counted after ww1 we'd still be near the bottom.
I think wolves have also won more trophies than us.
In fact, so might have Notts forest, even though the concensus on here is they had a fortunate few years under Clough, but nothing before.
OK, I ought to have said, most trophies since the formation of the football league, but I thought it was obvious.

Not too fussed about stuff happening in 1920s, but as a 26 year old, starting to get into football in around 93/94 Leeds have had far more success than us. I would say most people in Europe would consider them bigger. However, ask a 15 or 16 year old lad who is bigger they may say us. These same people might also consider Chelsea to be bigger than Liverpool, and god forbid, Man City anarl.
No offence like but the question wasn't when you got into football, it was who the biggest club is. A person's age doesn't influence the right answer.

One thing is for certain though, Leeds have unbelievably shit support considering the size of the city.

Yep, the fact they get less than Sheffield Wednesday who share a smaller city with a similar sized club and have had fuck all success for 50 years says it all.

Leeds
Sunderland
Sheff Wed
Nottm Forest
Wolves

In the eyes of the public this... Although Derby would be hovering around Wolves (and are probably a bigger club than Forest in all fairness).

Saying that Sheffield Wednesday have one of the smallest budgets in the league. If ever there was a club ripe for a takeover it's that one.

No offence like but the question wasn't when you got into football, it was who the biggest club is. A person's age doesn't influence the right answer.
Non taken mate, but we have been shite for years, like literally done nowt for decades. I dont consider Huddersfield to be a bigger club than Spurs despite winning more league titles. Its all perceptive based on numerous things - fans, trophies, fans, league finishes, merchandise. I do think if you asked 1000 people in London, most would say Leeds over us, especially the folk over 20. But this wouldn't have been an issue 10 years ago - it would have been universally accepted that they were bigger, so the longer they stay out of the top flight, the less relevant they will be.

Anyway, off to bed now, I've got some bug shoulders to work in the gym at 7.30 before graft.

Good debate.

The best way to work out how big a club is asking football fans who are neutral (so cannot give an opinion on their own club). And rightly or wrongly in the UK Leeds are looked upon as a much bigger club than Sunderland.
Yep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back