Wonga writing off all debts over 29 days in arrears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah of course, because now Wonga's new strapline will be - "lend from us and we'll write it off" :rolleyes:

You just know there are people in the pub tonight bragging that their loans are being written off and that its free money.

Just like people do the same with the PPI money...

tell them they f***ing idiots for taking them out in the first place.

That'll shut them up.

What pubs do you sup in? The Jockey?

You can't say you don't know people who bleated on about what to do with their PPI refunds. 95% of them were idiots too for signing up to shit they didn't understand, very few people were actually truly conned.

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2014/oct/02/wonga-writes-off-customer-debt?commentpage=1

Non-enforceable apparently. Could accelerate their pulling out of the Mags sponsorship....

Kind of off topic but was talking in the school yard the other day and know that two Mam's will not be buying their bairns the Newcastle strip for Christmas due to the Wonga logo. I said when Sunderland had were sponsored by gambling companies, they didn't have the logo on bairns shirts, and they thought Newcastle should do the same with Wonga.

Kind of off topic but was talking in the school yard the other day and know that two Mam's will not be buying their bairns the Newcastle strip for Christmas due to the Wonga logo. I said when Sunderland had were sponsored by gambling companies, they didn't have the logo on bairns shirts, and they thought Newcastle should do the same with Wonga.

That's an excellent point.

You can't say you don't know people who bleated on about what to do with their PPI refunds. 95% of them were idiots too for signing up to shit they didn't understand, very few people were actually truly conned.

Very few. I live in rarefied surroundings. I select my friends wisely and ignore the mundane.

Reactions: PTR
You just know there are people in the pub tonight bragging that their loans are being written off and that its free money.

Just like people do the same with the PPI money...

So you're advocating mis-selling of useless insurance polices and loans that are essentially usury ?

Do you actually think that people took out these loans thinking they wouldn't have to pay them off ?

So you're advocating mis-selling of useless insurance polices and loans that are essentially usury ?

Do you actually think that people took out these loans thinking they wouldn't have to pay them off ?

So you're saying you like mouldy bananas?

Wonga are like zero hour contracts. Great for some people, a limited number of people, but are abused by the companies that provide them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back