Worst stand name in football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too, don't know how to post them nut looks like it's been revamped sieve I was last there - it's still shit!
Logon or register to see this image

Only been once or twice. One of then being the infamous snow abandonment. For some reason I remember seeing Lennie Lawrence at the mway services as well that day on a pay phone.

Not any more, shes been given the boot in favour of the newly sponsored Redbrik stand.
And i assume you mean "by given the boot" to mean "asked to be removed cos of Ched Evans saga".

The Colin Bell End stand never came to fruition IIRC.

Always thought the Premier Concourse was a bit naff tbh!

Not any more, shes been given the boot in favour of the newly sponsored Redbrik stand.

I think the press statement said something along the lines of "Jessica agrees that the chance for the club to attract additional income & sponsorship, through renaming of the stand, was too good to miss"

After the Ched Evans debacle I think it's fair to guess this was a 'mutually agreeable' parting of the ways.

Not quite football but this one had the locals down under going for a while until it was demolished a few years back...........

His real name was Edward Stanley Brown, and in Toowoomba he was admired for playing in the 1921 Kangaroos rugby league side. He was better known by his nick-name, "Nigger", which apparently he got as a child because he had fair skin and blonde hair. And in the late 1960s, a grandstand at Toowoomba's Athletic Oval was named in his honour, the E.S. Nigger-Brown Stand.

Used to have the Monster Munch stand at Vetch Field.

Having a ground made up of the North, East, South and West stand is pretty f***ing horrific tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back