Wrestling - Part 3

John Cena is 38 years old today.

How many years has he got left in the tank? I think one more long term injury might see him slow down, but until then he'll keep performing and working the same heavy schedule.
It's just a matter of time before his body breaks down, the work he's done over the past 13 years has been incredible.

It's just a matter of time before his body breaks down, the work he's done over the past 13 years has been incredible.

Unparalleled in the history of the business, I'd say. He's worked more than anyone probably ever has over that condensed period.

Anyone watched NXT yet?

Becky Lynch is fuckin lush.

Last edited:
What tablet is it?
If you haven't already, you should try downloading the WWE App and watching the Network from there.

Asus Memo Pad 7.

I have got the WWE App. But when I click on the "WWE Network" button for some reason it doesn't take me to the WWE Network homepage.

What happens also when you go to full screen? Is there any problems with the audio?

John Cena is 38 years old today.

How many years has he got left in the tank? I think one more long term injury might see him slow down, but until then he'll keep performing and working the same heavy schedule.
You can tell he tries to avoid any bumps on his back, probably end up in a wheelchair. Keep rushing back from injury can't do him any good either, even if roid assisted.

Jeeeeeezzzzz!!! The New Generation was crap! Watching Monday Night RAW from Nov 11, 1996 on WWE Network (on my PC) and I have seen some of the lamest stuff I have ever seen. I can't believe we all loved that era at the time. Mind you that was the stuff that was current. Part of the show was Sable v Michael Hayes playing with something called Karate Fighters by MB Games. The best thing about that episode was a peek at a new talent called Rocky Mavia.

You can tell he tries to avoid any bumps on his back, probably end up in a wheelchair. Keep rushing back from injury can't do him any good either, even if roid assisted.

He doesn't take many heavy bumps to be fair, it's part of why people don't seem to take to him. Most of his matches start with a lockup, a few shoulder tackles, a throw to the outside where he and his opponent throw each other into the boards around the ring, few shots off the corner posts and the steps, then back in the ring for the five moves of doom.

It's why when he actually tries something different he's praised for it. The springboard stunner the night after WM was canny because it was new but it'll sharp get old like the rest of his moveset.

That's not entirely Cena's fault, mind. Vince has relied upon on him for such a long time that he's become over exposed. Heaven forbid they elevate someone else PROPERLY to Cena's level to take his spot when he's ready to go part time...

I'd love to see them give the ball to someone like Zayn but he'll be in that Ziggler category for as long as Vince is there.

Last edited:
Rhyno still has the best spear in the business.

Aye. Adding him to the NXT roster has been a shrewd move. The brand just feels like a super-indie, really.

That fucker will still be going when he's Vince's age.

I reckon one bad injury will make him rethink things. They'd be fucked without him like. So many halted pushes and questionable booking decisions have cost the brand. They'll shit a brick when they make up one day and they've ran out of part timers to call upon!

- The latest word on Samoa Joe and WWE is that he will likely be starting with the company in June, perhaps in NXT.

– WWE officials do have long-term plans right now to give big pushes to Lana and Eva Marie. With Eva, the idea is that she has been training hard with Brian Kendrick and will be a better performer when brought back to TV.

(Wrestling Observer Newsletter)

Last edited:
– WWE officials do have long-term plans right now to give big pushes to Lana and Eva Marie. With Eva, the idea is that she has been training hard with Brian Kendrick and will be a better performer when brought back to TV.
Brian Kendrick trained Eva Marie; Brian Kendrick was trained by Shawn Michaels - Therefore Eva Marie is as good as, and will soon be better, than Shawn Michaels.

Irish bird who reminds me a bit of Lita.

Have to say, fair play to Eva Marie for trying to better herself. It's a shame more of the main roster divas dont do it.
The same sort of commitment that Shawn Michaels had to bring himself back in 2002, Eva Marie is The Icon, The Showstopperess, The Main Event. The future Mrs WrestleMania.

www.pwinsider.com/article/93253/ziggler-rants-on-twitter-about-getting-over-when-he-isnt-supposed-to-teases-wwe-exit.html?p=1

Hmm!

Jericho's Podcast this week is a Monday Night Wars debate between Bischoff and Bruce Prichard, definitely worth a listen.

My god. Neville opens his gob on Smackdown and it's horrible.

If anyone cares, last night's NXT spoilers are out there as is the card for the next Takeover special on May 20th.

Neville and Ziggler teamed on Smackdown. They'd make incredibly viable opponents for Cesaro and Kidd in the tag division IF IT WAS TAKEN SERIOUSLY AGAIN.

It'll never happen but I'd like to see it.

WE HATE AMERICA..........
But not your sports teams. Is it so hard for wrestlers and managers to stay in character these days, especially when your whole gimmick is about hating America?

https://instagram.com/p/12AcoMhK4K/

Last edited:
Aye. Adding him to the NXT roster has been a shrewd move. The brand just feels like a super-indie, really.

I reckon one bad injury will make him rethink things. They'd be fucked without him like. So many halted pushes and questionable booking decisions have cost the brand. They'll shit a brick when they make up one day and they've ran out of part timers to call upon!

- The latest word on Samoa Joe and WWE is that he will likely be starting with the company in June, perhaps in NXT.

(Wrestling Observer Newsletter)

I hope the Lana push is as a valet, may as well release her now if it's in the ring.

I hope the Lana push is as a valet, may as well release her now if it's in the ring.

Somewhere down the line there's definitely room for her to be involved in a match of some sort but not as a regular roster member. Part of her appeal is that she is a 'manager' and nowt more but even Heenan and Heyman have been involved in matches at some point and it hasn't hurt them.

Smackdown was decent this week again. I really do enjoy the secondary shows (Smackdown & Main Event) more so than RAW because it's a chance for the better, underexposed workers to show their worth which I prefer.

Credit to Kane for his work the last few weeks, I've found myself actually giving a shit about his character again after such a long time where he was meaningless. It looks like going forward he'll be leaving the Authority and returning to singles competition. Hopefully they give him the mask back and stop f***ing about with his character because his legacy is far stronger as the masked demon as opposed to being a ginger joke figure in the authority.

Last edited:
Somewhere down the line there's definitely room for her to be involved in a match of some sort but not as a regular roster member. Part of her appeal is that she is a 'manager' and nowt more but even Heenan and Heyman have been involved in matches at some point and it hasn't hurt them.

Smackdown was decent this week again. I really do enjoy the secondary shows (Smackdown & Main Event) more so than RAW because it's a chance for the better, underexposed workers to show their worth which I prefer.

Credit to Kane for his work the last few weeks, I've found myself actually giving a shit about his character again after such a long time where he was meaningless. It looks like going forward he'll be leaving the Authority and returning to singles competition. Hopefully they give him the mask back and stop f***ing about with his character because his legacy is far stronger as the masked demon as opposed to being a ginger joke figure in the authority.
The masked Kane is a joke now.

Back