Wrestling - Part 3

John Cena vs Kevin Owens feud to continue until SummerSlam. Reckon they're at risk of over-milking it?

they're putting a stipulation on the battleground match as well, as long as it's not a "loser gets fired" or "i quit" match then i'm alright with it... I think a TLC would be good viewing but obviously with the gimmick ppv in December that's very unlikely.

Oh and not this either...
Logon or register to see this image

I'm gunna live blog me watching Slammiversary, cos I can.

Sooooooo... I'm glad Tenay is back on commentary, he's much more bearable than the pope and Josh Matthews. The intro to the show felt very WWE like but apparently I can't say that because it upsets SBC.

Match 1: X Division Title Three Way - Tigre Uno v Manik v DJ Z
This X division match is hard to follow. Nothing is being sold, which annoys me about modern day wrestling. They're more bothered about getting their stuff in instead of telling a story, but I suppose the competitors here are all lucha in style which is why. Great athleticism though. Manik's dropkick is a thing to behold. Not sure about him coming out to the old wild west music though, doesn't suit him at all. Big fan of Tigre Uno, he's very underrated. DJZ has probably the worst character in wrestling though.

So much is going on and there's been a couple of botched moves as a result of the sheer pace they're going at. The match improved once it was just Manik and TU in the ring.

Glad TU won, it would have made zero sense doing a title change considering he only won it three days earlier.

Review: Decent match with some nice athleticism on show. But, as with most 'lucha' matches, the pace was a bit fast for my liking and it was hard to follow.

This Robbie E cunt is terrible. Fuck me. Him and Jessie Godderz are massive Zack Ryder rip offs. Absolutely no surprise that neither of them get much indie work. But, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt - lets see how their match goes...

Match 2: Jessie Godderz v Robbie E
Again, the match is being worked too fast right from the offset. Had to laugh at Pope comparing the Bromans to the Hart Foundation and the Rockers :lol:

They're working hard though and Jessie Godderz is actually not that bad. Plenty of good heel working going in from him and Robbie E has done a good job of selling, unlike the last match. There's obviously a Robbie E comback around the corner... and there it is. Botched crossbody off the top rope. The pace was good when Jessie Godderz was on top as Robbie E sold well on the outside. And what.. the fuck is that finisher? Less than a minute before he hit his finisher he hit a DDT which looked far more destructive.

Review: Got better as the match went on but that finish was shite. Godderz looked quite good here for a change.

Match 3: Bram v Matt Morgan

Love Bram, he's such a good character, it was a shame he fucked his chances in WWE because he would have most certainly ended up on the main roster. It's great to see him in ICW too, just such a big mean looking fucker. Matt Morgan looks in great shape after all of the time off, he's another one I thought might have ended up right at the top as physically he's just a f***ing beast. I'm going to take this match on face value, as it's had about five minutes of TV to build to it.

We start with the two of them trading unprotected open palm punches directly to the head, none of which knock either man out or cause bleeding. Riiiiiiight.

Standard modern day street fight fare. This type of match needs to be outlawed right across the business tbh, how are we expected to take props seriously when they cause zero visible damage? I know we can't have bleeding these days so stop selecting match stipulations that only work if visible damage is on show!

A bit confused by the finish here... Bram keeps going in and out of the ring, seems frustrated he can't find whatever he's looking for and goes back in the ring, Morgan works over him and Bram hits a low blow and DDT for the pin.

Review: Nothing to write home about here, really. Would rather we didn't have a gimmick match and this had just been two big bastards hammering each other for ten minutes.

Match 4: Austin Aries v Davey Richards
From a technical standpoint this should be brilliant. It's a shame we already know what the end result is going to be as TNA decided to tape their TV before this PPV was broadcasted but both men are brilliant in ring technicians and can really go.

Loads of chain wrestling to start this off and Aries stalling and retreating. Proper heelish stuff, love it.

Drop kicks, german and T bone suplexes, working body parts, effective selling... f***ing hell it appears we have two people that know how to entertain a crowd!

Review: Fantastic, just wish I didn't already know what was coming. Enjoyable match and the 'Dirty Heels' winning in a heelish way is the only way it should be done.

Taryn Terrell is f***ing beautiful mind. Very decent on the mic too.

Brooke's arse. WAD. Kong looks like she's lost alot of weight.

Match 5: Dolls House v Awesome Kong and Brooke

Something just isn't right about this match. Luckily the camera man keeps getting about three inches from Brooke's bumhole. Otherwise, this has been poor.

Review: Brooke's arse. I'd eat my tea off it, nee bother.

Next out with Borash is Magnus, who cuts a poor promo. Where's he gunna end up? I can't see WWE wanting him. I'm guessing he'll just do the standard indie stuff, probably joining GFW or something then doing an invasion angle with TNA is my guess.

Looking forward to this match though, James Storm is brilliant in the ring and Magnus can certainly go, he had some canny matches with Bram not too long ago.

Match 6: Magnus v James Storm

This was a proper brawl, the pair of them lacing each other all over the place. Definitely the best match of the night so far.

Review: Since I started this post I've read that they aren't actually leaving TNA. Hmm. Good physical brawl though, tenfold better than the street fight earlier in the night.

Now a Drew Galloway promo... mint. Looking forward to him entering the title scene as it's exactly where he should be if he's gunna be in TNA (I wish he'd gone to ROH but there we go).

The next bit... well, I'll let PWInsider take over here:

"They went to a shot of everyone cleaning the ring as the announcers went in and out. What the hell? Josh said it has to do with the issues from Magnus and Storm brawling into the production area. I paid $50 for this? Come on TNA."

EC3 and Tyrus are out. Still can't hear the commentators after what feels like a good ten minutes. THIS IS WHY PEOPLE DON'T LIKE TNA @ShieldsBlackCat2015

Match 7: EC3 & Tyrus v Lashley and Mr Anderson

It's the battle of the released WWE talent! Lashley's wearing a Bellator hoodie, which is odd considering they have no partnership with TNA anymore. What a f***ing beast though, I'm surprised he's actually in the ring so soon after his Bellator fight, he's obviously feeling no ill effects.

It's important they make EC3 seem like a big deal here considering he's got a title match on Wednesday. I'm not exactly sure why we're supposed to care about this match though, as it's had zero build and the fact EC3 and Kurt Angle were originally supposed to be main eventing this show doesn't exactly help.

Eeeeeeeeeee Mike Tenay mentioned WWE.

EC3 pins Lashley. Right move.

Review: Not exactly a good old fashioned tag match. EC3 and Tyrus have little or no in ring chemistry, and the same goes for Lashley and Anderson. They're the two that are at an interesting stage now in TNA as I don't see what they do next.

Match 8: King of the Mountain - Roode v Young v Jarrett v Galloway v Hardy

King of the Mountain next. What an utterly shit and confusing concept. I'll try and enjoy it though.

"Falls Count Anywhere. You have to scored a pin or submission to be eligible to win. You can then win by hanging the belt above the ring. if you are pinned or submitted, you go to the penalty box for 2 minutes."

Eyes arl ower Karen Jarrett, ding fuckin dong helloooooooooooo.

I'm not even going to attempt to break this down because the rules are just stupid. Jarrett won, which was always going to be the case wasn't it.

OVERALL REVIEW: 5/10

This PPV was ok. I think it's clear though that they were working with a tired, limited roster after four days of TV tapings. The priorities clearly lie with the Impact episode on Wednesday. Storm v Magnus was my highlight with Aries v Richards not far behind.

I'm left feeling rather confused though. Most of the matches on the card weren't announced on TV or had nothing more than a week of build up on TV. I guess this is the problem with short term planning and taping your TV months in advance.

Reading the spoilers for the next few weeks of Impact. Sounds quite good actually.

King of the Mountain isn't confusing man!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's probably more stupid than confusing like. Any arsehole heel would simply refuse to get in the cage.
The matches are normally clusterfucks but I enjoy them. It was obvious that JJ was winning like and they're getting some stick for putting an outsider over their guys.

It's been consistently pretty good since being on DA but TNA is seen as a joke, lacks having any star power and a dwindling roster.
It has, which is a shame considering what has been happening outside of the ring. There's wrestlers there who can become TNA stars if TNA pulls through (or some things with Jarrett happens) - the likes of EC3, Bram, Eli Drake, Galloway and Spud.

THIS IS WHY PEOPLE DON'T LIKE TNA @ShieldsBlackCat2015

Not sure about him coming out to the old wild west music though, doesn't suit himat all.

It is the Revolution theme music. Odd that someone who likes to comment on TNA doesn't seem to know that.

Standard modern day street fight fare. This type of match needs to be outlawed right across the business tbh, how are we expected to take props seriously when they cause zero visibledamage?I know we can't have bleeding these days so stop selecting match stipulations that only work if visible damage is on show!

You saying the blood thing was a bad thing?! The fact TNA can get hardcore when they want is one thing that sets TNA apart from WWE and it still gets criticized for it!

I'm not exactly sure why we're supposed to care about this match though, asit's had zero build and the fact EC3 and Kurt Angle were originally supposed to be main eventing this show doesn't exactly help.

Surprised you don't seem to be aware Kurt Angle was diagnosed with a tumour on his neck. You did know that..didn't you? Right?

King of the Mountain next. What an utterly shit and confusing concept

See what I mean? When they do things that are unique from the WWE they still get panned for it. But I find it hard to take that comment seriously when WWE fans loved that Elimination Chamber match. You have more cheek than the Chipendales to say the KOTM match is confusing when we have the Elimination Chamber in WWE.

THIS IS WHY I DONT LIKE YOU @Cack Stottie

It has, which is a shame considering what has been happening outside of the ring. There's wrestlers there who can become TNA stars if TNA pulls through (or some things with Jarrett happens) - the likes of EC3, Bram, Eli Drake, Galloway and Spud.
Aye they've got some good talent and Billy Corgan was saying how he's hoping they push talent that aren't assosiated with any other promotion and build them up so that people only assosiate them with TNA, I agree with that but it's getting people to watch them. Hope to see more of Eli Drake, would be class as a heel too from what I've seen.

The PPV last night was a bit of a cluster fuck because most of the matches had very little build up. It's things like that which make them suffer.
Yeah, don't know if that was just because they're desperate for ratings for TV although I read they did the title chance on TV because of Angles tumour, whether they just didn't care too much about the PPV because of the lack of people that would buy it anyway or TNA being incompetent and not planning it properly, or all of them.

One thing I'd have done if James Storm and Magnus are leaving is put them against people they can put over rather than just having a match with each other.

"Triple H is looking to bolster the WWE Divas division and call-ups from NXT are finally expected to happen. Both Charlotte and NXT Women's Champion Sasha Banks have been ready and McMahon is said to be high on both women, but there are some officials, including Kevin Dunn, who feel that both Banks and Charlotte do not fit the "supermodel" type image when it comes to the WWE Divas."

I'm not saying Kevin Dunn deserves to die, but it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Jim Cornette wasn't wrong about that ****.

"Triple H is looking to bolster the WWE Divas division and call-ups from NXT are finally expected to happen. Both Charlotte and NXT Women's Champion Sasha Banks have been ready and McMahon is said to be high on both women, but there are some officials, including Kevin Dunn, who feel that both Banks and Charlotte do not fit the "supermodel" type image when it comes to the WWE Divas."

I'm not saying Kevin Dunn deserves to die, but it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Jim Cornette wasn't wrong about that ****.
People getting excited about the Nxt women being called up but if there's no change to how much time is giving to the Divas on WWE they will not make a tiny bit of difference, in fact it'll be painful watching them getting 3 minutes every week.

It is the Revolution theme music. Odd that someone who likes to comment on TNA doesn't seem to know that.

You saying the blood thing was a bad thing?! The fact TNA can get hardcore when they want is one thing that sets TNA apart from WWE and it still gets criticized for it!

Surprised you don't seem to be aware Kurt Angle was diagnosed with a tumour on his neck. You did know that..didn't you? Right?

See what I mean? When they do things that are unique from the WWE they still get panned for it. But I find it hard to take that comment seriously when WWE fans loved that Elimination Chamber match. You have more cheek than the Chipendales to say the KOTM match is confusing when we have the Elimination Chamber in WWE.

THIS IS WHY I DONT LIKE YOU @Cack Stottie

The Revolutions music doesn't suit Manik. And aye, I did know this.

Blood is a bad thing in 2015, yes.

Kurt Angle has known about the tumour for over a year, it's benign.

Summer Rae and The Bellas are hardly super models.

Aye they've got some good talent and Billy Corgan was saying how he's hoping they push talent that aren't assosiated with any other promotion and build them up so that people only assosiate them with TNA, I agree with that but it's getting people to watch them. Hope to see more of Eli Drake, would be class as a heel too from what I've seen.

Yeah, don't know if that was just because they're desperate for ratings for TV although I read they did the title chance on TV because of Angles tumour, whether they just didn't care too much about the PPV because of the lack of people that would buy it anyway or TNA being incompetent and not planning it properly, or all of them.

One thing I'd have done if James Storm and Magnus are leaving is put them against people they can put over rather than just having a match with each other.

You're likely right. They need out of the PPV business. Very few people in America will have spent fifty dollars watching that.

Last edited:

Info about upcoming TNA if you want to read it.
Drake has turned heel and cost Galloway the title and got major heat from the fans apparently. He can be a big player for TNA. He has the look and the promo skills.

I think they're just desperate to show DA or any other network that they can draw viewers. They're only doing PPV's through obligations, hence why most were unrelated one night only events. The way they've done the taping is weird but having a solid weekly show which attracts viewers is key at the minute.

There's still good talent there, and I think the way they're doing things now is basically like an indy promotion.

People getting excited about the Nxt women being called up but if there's no change to how much time is giving to the Divas on WWE they will not make a tiny bit of difference, in fact it'll be painful watching them getting 3 minutes every week.

The sad thing is, I'd rather watch Becky/Bayley/Sasha/Charlotte/Paige/Natalya over the likes of Big Show, Ryback, Orton etc any day.

Nikki Bella vs Paige at MITB was apparently the longest 'Diva' PPV match. It was only about 11 minutes.

Info about upcoming TNA if you want to read it.
Drake has turned heel and cost Galloway the title and got major heat from the fans apparently. He can be a big player for TNA. He has the look and the promo skills.

I think they're just desperate to show DA or any other network that they can draw viewers. They're only doing PPV's through obligations, hence why most were unrelated one night only events. The way they've done the taping is weird but having a solid weekly show which attracts viewers is key at the minute.

There's still good talent there, and I think the way they're doing things now is basically like an indy promotion.

Best thing they can do is try and build to a proper Galloway and EC3 feud. They really could do with snatching away some of the top indie talent off ROH but that won't happen now ROH are the number two promotion.

Daft thing is, Rod Strong, Styles, Young Bucks, etc have all been there before. Massive opportunities have been missed when they had that talent on their books.

Best thing they can do is try and build to a proper Galloway and EC3 feud. They really could do with snatching away some of the top indie talent off ROH but that won't happen now ROH are the number two promotion.

Daft thing is, Rod Strong, Styles, Young Bucks, etc have all been there before. Massive opportunities have been missed when they had that talent on their books.
Agree. EC3 has been built up very well. Now they need to establish Drew as a top face which it looks like they're building towards.

Brian Cage too. Joey Ryan was also there for a bit.

Back