Wrestling - Part 3

Can't say that I'm a fan of his as when I got into wrestling he wasn't active, at least not in WWF at the time anyway so I've never sat and watched him bar for appearances on Raw etc. However he's a legend in this business and it's still gutting to see him and Dusty go in such a short space of time.

One thing that's annoyed me in this is that some people on the internet have seen fit to try and put some form of guilt on Steve Austin. I know they've had a falling out but to try and blame the bloke for what's just happened is just disgusting.

When I became a fan he was nearing his prime I would say. But one of my first moments was one of his greatest. When he won the Intercontinental title from The Mountie in early 1992. Two days after winning it from Bret Hart. The only title he ever held before dropping it to Bret Hart at WrestleMania VIII.

Piper is Bret Hart's real life cousin.

Aw fuck man just found out about Hot Rod. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

When the words legend and icon are tossed around so indiscrimanately, he was one of the few genuinely worthy of such praise. All my heroes are now gone from that era....Macho, Perfect and now Hot Rod.

Gonna watch They Live tonight me thinks - a bonafide cult classic in every sense.

RIP Roddy

When I became a fan he was nearing his prime I would say. But one of my first moments was one of his greatest. When he won the Intercontinental title from The Mountie in early 1992. Two days after winning it from Bret Hart. The only title he ever held before dropping it to Bret Hart at WrestleMania VIII.

Piper is Bret Hart's real life cousin.

No he isn't/wasn't.

Just very good friends. Not sure where he got that from.

From Wikipedia Bret Hart entry.

In January 1992, Hart was placed in a feud with The Mountie. This feud came about when the Mountie's manager, Jimmy Hart, threw water on Hart. Then, The Mountie proceeded to shock Hart with a cattle prod. On January 17, 1992, Bret Hart dropped the Intercontinental Championship to The Mountie. Following the loss, Roddy Piper (his real life cousin) defeated Mountie with a sleeper hold two days later at the 1992 Royal Rumble,[47]

Wiki :lol:

I can't find the words to describe the sorrow in my heart upon learning the news of my dear friend, Roddy Piper, passing away. He was my closest friend in the business, a man that schooled me and guided me throughout my career. In fact, if it wasn't for Roddy Piper reaching out to help me, I'm sure I would've been a mere footnote in wrestling. He was always there for me. He was family to me, a brother who loved me and was there for me through my darkest days. He was the only wrestler to come visit me when I suffered a stroke in 2002. He totally made me at Wrestlemania 8 in our classic match. Passing a torch that many from that era couldn't conceive of doing. We always called each other "cuz" because we were so close. I loved you Roddy, and I'll miss you and your laugh for the rest of my days. I'm stunned and the hole in my heart will widen as it sinks in that I lost a brother of such great worth. What a tragic loss to all that knew him.

Back