young players released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Young Black Cats released

Published: 28 May, 2015
by Sunderland AFC

Seven youth players depart.

Sunderland AFC has announced that seven young players have been released by the club, following the expiration of their current deals.

The players in the club’s under 18s and under 21s squads who will be free agents from 30 June are Ryan Ellison, Ross Colquhoun, Jassem Sukar, Tom McNamee, Peter Burke, Joel Dixon and Andrew Cartwright.

Sunderland AFC’s sporting director, Lee Congerton, said: “The players have been with us for a number of years and have developed their footballing ability and education, standing them in good stead to continue their football careers.

“Everyone at the club wishes them the best of luck and success for their future careers.”

But but but Ged McNamee runs the academy like a personal Sepp Blatteresque personal fiefdom with jobs for the family and close friends of the family. At least, that's what I read on here.

Sea change coming at the Academy, and not before time.
I feel like I read that most summers recently.

Is the new guy from Everton taking over this summer, and is that the reason behind your optimism?

And I heard he's on his way out the door

Who, Ged? Wonder if that's got owt to do with that Phillpot lad coming in from Everton last season. Academy needs a bit of a shake up tbf, we need to have players coming through who can make the step up to the first team and it has been dissapointing that we've only had a few do it in the last however many years.

Mr M is on his way out this year. Academy is going to be run by phillpot who came from Everton . They are currently in a 'period of transition'. Explains why his son is now surplus to requirements.

Young Black Cats released

Published: 28 May, 2015
by Sunderland AFC

Seven youth players depart.

Sunderland AFC has announced that seven young players have been released by the club, following the expiration of their current deals.

The players in the club’s under 18s and under 21s squads who will be free agents from 30 June are Ryan Ellison, Ross Colquhoun, Jassem Sukar, Tom McNamee, Peter Burke, Joel Dixon and Andrew Cartwright.

Sunderland AFC’s sporting director, Lee Congerton, said: “The players have been with us for a number of years and have developed their footballing ability and education, standing them in good stead to continue their football careers.

“Everyone at the club wishes them the best of luck and success for their future careers.”

There's no real surprises for me except Sukar. Thought he would have gotten another year, he's only 19 next week.

McNamee?
Hell on.

McNamee Snr to follow next few weeks. Thank fuck.

I thought Joel Dixon was quite highly rated?

Nope. Expecting Pickford to be 2nd choice at senior level next season, Max Stryjek is rated as is James Talbot for the 18's.

A few years back that sukar was gonna be the next big thing.

Wouldn't say that, he's only 19 next week and as an academy enthusiast, I'm very surprised he's been let go. Dan Casey is progressing well though, might have put the pressure on. Beadling is knocking on the 1st team door too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back