Your least favourite chocolate bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Picnic. Not sure why as I like a fruit and nut. Boost as well - too fecking tough, especially if chilled from a vending machine. Not a fan of mars bars either.

Oh, and those bars full of air - wispa, aero, twirl, flake. What an unsatisfying con.

If you have ever been unlucky enough to open a regular bar of Hershey’s milk chocolate (or Hershey kisses for that matter) you will know what this blog post is all about.
Logon or register to see this image

Vomit in a stylish package.
http://nitecloak.wordpress.com/2009...milk-chocolate-tastes-like-vomit/hersheychoc/
Smooth and inviting, but looks can be deceiving!
The second you unwrap some of the Hershey Corporation’s “finest” you’re nostrils will be assailed by the faint but distinct aroma of what can only be described as baby’s vomit. Hold your nose and take a bite, but beware, it doesn’t get any better!
The stuff tastes positively vile. Rank even. The aftertaste is so reminiscent of having thrown up in your own mouth that you are quite likely to do just that.

Refrigerating this ‘chocolate’ does little to stave off the nausea brought on by smelling and tasting this uniquely American candy. If you’re unlucky enough to try it for the first time at room temperature, or worse, out of a warm trouser/pant pocket, you’ll be in for a real treat. Not.

There is a good reason why Hershey’s chocolate has this distinct aroma and flavor, they use soured milk (instead of buttermilk or cocoa butter) and have done for decades, all the way back to the Second World War. That’s right, soured milk. How many people do you know love to chug-a-lug on a lumpy, cheesy carton of soured milk? None that I know of, but many Americans and devotees in many other parts of the world lap this stuff up by the million.

Chocolate + Sour Milk = Fail?

http://nitecloak.wordpress.com/2009/01/20/hersheys-classic-milk-chocolate-tastes-like-vomit/

Years ago my mam and dad went to America and brought back all this Hersheys chocolate, I was ready for a right feast until I had my first bite.........:(

Still ate it in the end though.

:)

Good lad

I lived in Aberdeen for a while and there was an american supermarket so just had to try a hershy bar........................... tasted like sick. :evil: They sell them in Fenwicks now or did when my son was younger he wasn't over enamoured either :lol:

If you have ever been unlucky enough to open a regular bar of Hershey’s milk chocolate (or Hershey kisses for that matter) you will know what this blog post is all about.

http://nitecloak.wordpress.com/2009...milk-chocolate-tastes-like-vomit/hersheychoc/
The second you unwrap some of the Hershey Corporation’s “finest” you’re nostrils will be assailed by the faint but distinct aroma of what can only be described as baby’s vomit. Hold your nose and take a bite, but beware, it doesn’t get any better!
The stuff tastes positively vile. Rank even. The aftertaste is so reminiscent of having thrown up in your own mouth that you are quite likely to do just that.

Refrigerating this ‘chocolate’ does little to stave off the nausea brought on by smelling and tasting this uniquely American candy. If you’re unlucky enough to try it for the first time at room temperature, or worse, out of a warm trouser/pant pocket, you’ll be in for a real treat. Not.

There is a good reason why Hershey’s chocolate has this distinct aroma and flavor, they use soured milk (instead of buttermilk or cocoa butter) and have done for decades, all the way back to the Second World War. That’s right, soured milk. How many people do you know love to chug-a-lug on a lumpy, cheesy carton of soured milk? None that I know of, but many Americans and devotees in many other parts of the world lap this stuff up by the million.

http://nitecloak.wordpress.com/2009/01/20/hersheys-classic-milk-chocolate-tastes-like-vomit/

So do the yanks find our far superior chocolate tastes funny to them?

This is one of the most cogent reviews of what is a truly awful American sham. Loathe Hershey bars but I do go for one dark chocolate dar with cherries like Lindt or Green and Thornton. Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back