40 years today - Rumble in the Jungle

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Roger Senseless

One of the best fights of all time IMHO, simply because of the way Ali played the more powerful Foreman like chump rounds 5-8 then did what everyone (but the Ali camp) said was impossible and knocked him out.

Good programme on Radio 5 Live tonight about this at 7.30pm.

One of the best fights of all time IMHO, simply because of the way Ali played the more powerful Foreman like chump rounds 5-8 then did what everyone (but the Ali camp) said was impossible and knocked him out.

Watched it live in the Nottingham Ice Rink - It was bl**dy freezing, despite my being warmly dressed!

Others were normally dressed and I can, vividly, remember the number shivering and the sound of teeth chattering.

:evil:

Remember this vividly, I always loved Ali but thought George would win easily after the way he dispatched Smokin' Joe. Can recall listening to the fight on the radio with my mates and being absolutely ecstatic when he put him away.

Just been reading about it in the The Sun @ the barbers. Mental story about the bloke in charge of Zaire at the time.

Something I just think I saw (watched it a few times to check), it appears that one of the people in the ring at the end of the fight was wearing a gun under the back of his jacket.

The time on the video is 52.35, have a look and see what you think - he doesn't seem to be a security guard, although he could be personal security for Ali..

Something I just think I saw (watched it a few times to check), it appears that one of the people in the ring at the end of the fight was wearing a gun under the back of his jacket.

The time on the video is 52.35, have a look and see what you think - he doesn't seem to be a security guard, although he could be personal security for Ali..
Yes I spotted that too. The guy in a beigey Huggy Bear style two peice. He's in the ring quite a lot before the fight anarl. Dunno anything about guns but it looked like massive Dirty Harry style one.

Yes I spotted that too. The guy in a beigey Huggy Bear style two peice. He's in the ring quite a lot before the fight anarl. Dunno anything about guns but it looked like massive Dirty Harry style one.

Just looked at the beginning of the video again and he has to be part of Ali's team because he was in the mini procession when Ali was walking to the ring before the fight started.

Me neither, but it looked a big f*cker!!

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back